Finally & Forever (Katie Weldon Series) by…

Finally & Forever (Katie Weldon Series) (edition 2012)

by Robin Jones Gunn

Member:YoungGeekyLibrarian
Title:Finally & Forever (Katie Weldon Series)
Authors:Robin Jones Gunn
Info:Zondervan (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 256 pages
Collections:My Kindle, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:Read:2012

Finally and Forever (Katie Weldon Series) by Robin Jones Gunn

Great Ending to the Katie Weldon series. Though I was sad to see it go. Part of me wishes there were more. ( )
  Dauntless | Feb 20, 2013 |
Fair warning about my 5 star rating on this one - I started reading the Christy Miller series (the one this is one of several continuations of) when I was in 6th grade or so. These characters are like real people to me (well I have been reading about them for more than half my life!) and I always am excited to find out the continuing story. I have no clue what anyone coming to these books later would think of them. And Michael! I love when Robin lets us see glimpses of prior characters in the books that we thought we would never see again. Her ability to connect the characters in all her books (even the series she has written for adult women all have connections to these books) always amazes me. ( )
  YoungGeekyLibrarian | Dec 19, 2012 |
Finally and Forever by Robin Jones Gunn is the conclusion of the Katie Weldon series. More than that, this book wraps up loose ends from over twenty years of writing by Robin Jones Gunn. Katie was a secondary character in Gunn's Christy Miller series, Sierra Jensen series, and Christy and Todd: The College Years trilogy. Christy's story was wrapped up in that trilogy (though she makes occasional appearances in other books), Sierra's story concluded with Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii, and now Katie's story concludes with this book.

Katie, in her usual spunky and impulsive style, has followed her boyfriend Eli to Africa, where his parents work with a mission organization. Now that Katie and Eli have finished college, they both hope to find a way to be useful in Kenya. Will Katie be able to adjust to life in Africa? Will she and Eli find purpose for their lives -- and will those purposes be compatible, or will the two of them end up going their separate ways?

Gunn's squeaky-clean inspirational romances are better written than most of that genre, and she does a good job of creating interesting characters and developing relationships between them. Her teen and young adult novels feel realistic -- they're a good depiction of conservative Evangelical Christian culture. As such, they may not be of interest to those unfamiliar or disinterested in that culture. For their target audience, however, they are a pleasant diversion.

One final note on the cover: this book's cover is particularly heinous. The first three books in this series have covers that are actually expressive of Katie's personality and of the tone of the story -- but with this book, the publishers threw all of that out of the window and decided to go for a soft-focus picture of a dreamy-eyed girl who looks like Africa would chew her up and spit her out. I'm really unimpressed. It looks like they just gave up and slapped any old stock photo on this cover. ( )
1 vote foggidawn | May 12, 2012 |

What was she thinking? Katie Weldon wonders if she was crazy to spontaneously fly off to Africa on a mission trip. Suddenly she is dealing with a new culture, a world she's never experienced---and Eli, a friend who is quickly becoming much more. It's all overwhelming ... and exciting. As her life turns topsy-turvy, however, she begins to think this might be exactly what she needs. Here, God might give her a glimpse into His will for her life. But just as Kenya and its people find a place in her heart, and her relationship with Eli begins to get serious, Katie is faced with unanswered questions from her past and unresolved issues with Eli. Is she really headed down the same path into the future he is? It doesn't look like it. Why can't she finally and forever settle into a set direction? Living in this new and captivating place, one thing she knows for sure: anything might be possible. Finally and Forever is the final book in the Katie Weldon Series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:20 -0400)

Katie wonders if she was crazy to spontaneously fly off to Africa on a mission trip in Kenya. But as her life turns topsy-turvey, God might give her a glimpse into His will for her life. As her relationship with Eli begins to get serious, Katie is faced with unanswered questions from her past.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,630,875 books! | Top bar: Always visible