Oh No, Little Dragon! by Jim Averbeck

Oh No, Little Dragon! (edition 2012)

by Jim Averbeck

Title:Oh No, Little Dragon!
Authors:Jim Averbeck
Info:Atheneum Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Picture books, Storytimes, Younger children
Tags:2012, picture books, storytimes, readalouds, dragons, fire, love, acceptance, families, mothers

Oh No, Little Dragon! by Jim Averbeck

I enjoyed reading this book very much. I thought the illustrations displayed how the character felt, and I also believe that they helped show what the Little Dragon could do with his spark. I believe that the plot was interesting and imaginative. I think that children become so fixated on one aspect of their personality, that’s what they believe makes their parents love them. It was normal for the Little Dragon to believe his mother didn’t love him anymore because he lost his spark. Before she had told him “Oh Little Dragon,… I truly love your flame,” which is the reason he believed his mother loved him. The author was able to create very believable characters. I think the big picture of this story is a mother will always love her child, no matter what. ( )
  Becca-Friedel | Sep 3, 2016 |
I liked all the singed edges of things in the illustrations and the photo-realistic fire accenting the crayon-y drawings. I really liked the title page, with Little Dragon's drawing of his street, with a castle and a burnt tree in among the suburban houses next door. The story is a little rote, but dragon fans will like it anyway. ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
The story is about a young dragon who loses his "spark" and must figure out how to get it back. The pictures and basic and simplistic but they allow the readers to connect to the words of the story. It's a good book to read on the first day of school for students in Kinder to know that their parents still love them or for older students (or Kinder) around Valentine's day if you're doing a theme. ( )
  demmiee | Dec 4, 2012 |

When rambunctious Little Dragon's flame goes out, only his mother can fix it.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,743,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible