Winter White (Belles) by Jen Calonita

Winter White (Belles) (edition 2012)

by Jen Calonita

Series: Belles (2)

37None303,657 (3.78)None
Member:thebumblegirl
Title:Winter White (Belles)
Authors:Jen Calonita
Info:Poppy (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 368 pages

Winter White (Belles) by Jen Calonita

If you read my review of Belles ( see it here ) you'll know that I really enjoyed the story. There was one technicality that irritated me, but I'm over it, and I have nothing but good things to say about Winter White

The secret's out, and everything is right in the world as Mr. Monroe continues with his senatorial campaign. Haha, yeah right. They may be keeping up appearances, but how long will it be before the cracks begin to show? Isabelle and Mirabelle are trying to keep it together, but they are having a hard time forgiving their dad for the major, life changing lie. But with cotillion season among them, they may just have other problems. Escorts, dresses, and what's this about a secret initiation?

This book is just so much fun. My favorite parts surrounded the extremely lavish cotillion, the initiation assignments never fail to make me laugh. Mira really turns into a new person in this installment, but her struggle is evident as little pieces of the past her come peeking out. Izzie is the same old Izzie, but she comes to the realization that maybe it is time for a new Izzie as well. She girls are both struggling with their new social standings, friends (or lack there of), boyfriends (or boys that are friends?) and their new position in the family. The novel is extremely well paced, with comedy balancing out the drama, and romance balancing out the tears.

If you loved Belles , go find yourself a copy of Winter White . Once you read this one, you'll understand why I can't wait for The Grass is Always Greener . Calonita loves her cliffhangers. ( )
  ilikethesebooks | Dec 3, 2012 |
The secrets are out... or are they???

Who would have thought that Izzie and Mira would finally have something in common - and not only with what has been revealed, but also sharing the same feelings towards the same person. The media is all over it, but the girls know how to handle themselves in front of the cameras. Or at least, they thought they did.

In Winter White, Izzie and Mira are trying to get along. They are trying to lead as normal a life that they can in Emerald Cover and get ready for their cotillion. Mira has dreamed of cotillion since as long as she can remember. And is so excited to be able to share everything, even the initiations, alongside Izzie. Izzie has no intentions in doing cotillion, but seeing how much this means to Mira and her aunt, she decides to go along with it. And soon discovers that their is more to cotillion than just a pretty white dress.

In between the drama, twists and turns, Izzie and Mira are learning from one another, becoming friends and also discovering themselves. And there is never a dull moment in Emerald Cover - new characters to add some extra spice to the story-line, I could not put this book down.
Jen Calonita's writing is so spot on and captivating. Everyone is so relatable and enticing - I cannot wait to see what they'll be doing next.
AND, Winter White has one of the best cliff-hangers I have read in a long time! Seriously! I don't like being left like this, but it was one that was totally unexpected and exciting - it is going to be another wonderful installment to this series! I cannot wait to read THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER! ( )
  thebumblegirl | Nov 7, 2012 |

Isabelle Scott and Mirabelle Monroe are still reeling from the revelation that they share more than just the roof over their heads. The media has pounced on their story and the girls are caught up in a flurry of talk-show appearances and newspaper interviews. They've put on a happy public face, but someone is leaking their true feelings to the press, and while it seems like the world is watching their every move, at least they have each other.

But with cotillion season right around the corner, Izzie and Mira have barely had time to process their newfound sisterhood. Mira has dreamed of making her debut in a gorgeous white gown forever-now, if only she could find an escort. Izzie, meanwhile, is still struggling to find her place in Emerald Cove and it's seeming ever more impossible with EC mean-girls, young and old, doing their best to keep her down. As cotillion preparations heat up, though, there are dance steps to learn, manners to perfect... and secret initiations to complete? As if sophomore year wasn't hard enough!

It's time for the gowns to go on and the gloves to come off.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:15 -0400)

The daughters of a North Carolina senator, Isabelle and Mirabelle, who are still reeling from the knowledge that they are not cousins, but actually sisters, barely have time to process the news with cotillion season right around the corner.

14 wanted1 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,410,113 books! | Top bar: Always visible