Fall in Love by Melissa Kendall

Recently added byReadYourWrites, Shayna_Gier

No tags.

Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
www.readyourwrites.blogspot.com

This is one of the times when I don’t like being a reviewer/blogger. I don’t like tearing down someone’s hard work. I mean honestly, authors put A LOT of time and effort into writing books for us readers to read. I didn’t love this book. It was just so-so for me. Not to say Melissa is a bad writer, because she has several other books which sound interesting.

Fall In Love wasn’t what I thought it would be. First off, it’s only 29 pages long. Definitely NOT long enough to actually establish the characters personally and see them progress from first meeting to falling in love to marriage. At least for me I didn’t have enough time to get a vested interest in them being together or even liking them.

I believe in love at first sight, the whole idea of meeting someone and KNOWING you’re supposed to spend the rest of your life with that person. I just don’t believe in we meet, I like you, you like me, BOOM we’re married in a month. Honestly, I kept waiting for something to SERIOUSLY be wrong with Mia. I kept waiting for her to turn into some sort of thief or scammer.

Fall In Love is a happy-ever-after story that’s a little hard for me to believe.

Source: Author ( )
  ReadYourWrites | Mar 4, 2013 |
What I Loved:

This story was so sweet! I nearly cried at the end-- I probably would have if my hormones were slightly higher. I loved that it took place in Australia, complete with Australian lingo and food. Of course, since Melissa Kendall is an Aussie that's probably expected, but I really loved it! It added a different flair that I haven't encountered yet this year.

Also,a major plus to American readers (like myself), Melissa has included a "Aussie term" dictionary at the end of the e-book so that you can figure out what the words you don't recognize mean! I love that Melissa thought to do this!
What I Didn't Like:

The romance was adorable, and the sex scenes hot... but I would have liked to see more of the romance. You've got a cute and original meeting, and then it skips two weeks, and then... ok, I won't give away the plot, but it would have been nice to experience the relationship a little more. To be able to understand why it worked out as it did.
My Overall Review

(4 of 5 Stars) A Short, Ssweet Romance That Will Make Most Hormonal Women Cry

I really enjoyed Fall in Love. It was an incredibly fast read and had just the right amount of spice in it-- both sexual, as well as originality and tone of writing. If the book was longer, and I was allowed to get to know Mia and Michael better, it could have easily been a favorite.
Disclaimer:
This book was provided for me at no charge, nor was I given compensation
of any kind for this review. This review only reflects my personal opinion. ( )
  Shayna_Gier | Apr 18, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,560,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible