A Season for Tending: Book One in the Amish…

A Season for Tending: Book One in the Amish Vines and Orchards Series (edition 2012)

by Cindy Woodsmall

Member:wearylibrarian
Title:A Season for Tending: Book One in the Amish Vines and Orchards Series
Authors:Cindy Woodsmall
Info:WaterBrook Press (2012), Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***1/2

A Season for Tending by Cindy Woodsmall

First in a new series by Cindy Woodsmall, this took me awhile to get into, but ultimately I liked it. Rhoda was a strong woman who had a remarkable gift for healing and I didn't quite understand why so many in the community took exception to Rhoda and her insights. I liked Rhoda's strength and her success in business. The King and Byler families are terrific, well developed characters and I look forward to the next book in the series. ( )
  2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |
  2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |
When I started reading this book, I wasn’t sure I liked it. Reading the synopsis on the back, I figured I would love it. It sounded like my kind of story but . . .

I figured it for another book written by someone who was trying to make us believe that the Amish talk and act about the same as we do.

I’m still reserving judgement on some of those opinions but I no longer care whether that is true or not of this book because…

I LOVE IT!

Any irritation I may have felt initially was washed away by the flood of emotions that came with reading this wonderful story.

THIS is a book EVERYONE should read!

The characters will pull you right into their little world. The descriptions show the community so clearly, you expect to look up and see it all around you. And the story . . . well, the story is exactly what I first thought. It is right up my alley.

Aside from being a subject I hold very near and dear to my heart, Cindy Woodsmall weaves a story masterfully -of a young woman who finally begins to discover who she really is and how she is meant to interact with those around her.

It’s a beautiful story of dealing with adversity, making the best of the life you have, and learning to accept yourself the way you are (or starting to anyway… I hope she manages to do that in the 2nd and 3rd novels)

I have already started the next novel in this series and I can’t wait to see where it takes me.

Amish fiction is a fairly new obsession for me and I am thrilled to have discovered this particular series! I think you will be too! ( )
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
Cindy has hit the ball out of the orchard with this book. This is the first in a new Amish Vines and Orchards Series.
You will come to care for these characters and will be sad when this book is done and the second one is not released yet.
Rhonda, who has a 'gift' for sensing when bad things are going to happen decides it is easier to be by herself than with others. That is not to be when she finds Leah sleeping in her garden.
Samuel King, has a struggling apple orchard after meeting Rhonda and seeing her amazing garden, he asks for help.
What happens? You wil have to read the book to find out.
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
In memory of Raymond Woodsmall Sr. (1897-1977) and my father-in-law, Raymond Woodsmall Jr. (1922-2011) and dedicated to Uncle Jack Woodsmall
These men are the original apple orchard overseers
It's time . . .
Emma's voice rose from the past, encircling Rhoda and bringing a wave of guilt. Unyielding, unforgiving guilt.

Rhoda Byler's gift with plants leads to the enmity of a young man in her Old Order Amish community, but when she meets Samuel King, whose orchard is struggling, he suggests that they can solve each other's problems.

76 wanted1 pay1 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

A Season for Tending by Cindy Woodsmall was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,154,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible