Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer

Night of the Purple Moon (edition 2012)

by Scott Cramer

Member:CharDixon
Title:Night of the Purple Moon
Authors:Scott Cramer
Info:Train Renoir Publishing (2012), Paperback, 186 pages
Rating:*****

Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer

A book with a tale of its own but at the end it will make you ask what happens next! The author tells a story of a plague that only kills those who have reached or have started their move into puberty. All of the characters in this story are children. As we call them now the innocent but this story will make you wonder how innocent our children truly are in a situation that leaves them few choices. I would recommend this book to anyone over age 12 but die to the gore factor I will make it 14.This is a very well written book with plenty of action. With factors that most would not even think about in this situation. Now on to the next part of the story can’t wait to read it! ( )
  lcsdr60 | Jul 21, 2014 |
I was given the opportunity to read this for free in exchange for an honest review from librarything.com.

I just finished reading the first 2 books of this trilogy back to back, and I am hooked!!! Fast paced, depressing, hopeful, almost every emotion that you could possibly feel I felt while reading this. I cannot wait to read the conclusion to this series!!! ( )
  LoriHopkins | May 21, 2014 |
I received this book as a give away as part of a compilation [Shattered Worlds]. I have decided to give each book it's own review as I finish them to give the authors their due.

I really enjoyed {The Night of the Purple Moon] by [Scott Cramer]. It was well written and kept up a good pace. It was very similar to other YA dystopian novels out there but I would gladly recommend it to my students who enjoy this genre.

It starts with the world awaiting the arrival of a comet. The Earth will end up in the tail and the dust is supposed to turn the moon purple. Unfortunately the dust contains something else as well. The humanity of the younger generations, as well as their ability to survive, is about to be tested. How the world would go on was up to them. ( )
  MsHooker | Apr 20, 2014 |
Wow! It started slow but by the time I got to the end I wanted more, and then more.
  CarriePalmer | Mar 22, 2014 |
Really enjoyed this book and looking forward to #2 in the Trilogy.

Great characters and a very different end-of-the world scenario. This one kills almost all the adults and goes on killing anyone that enters puberty.. It is interesting to see how the good and bad elements of our world are replicated in the children that are left. Those with hope (and have some contact with what is going on in the world) are the "goodies" and those that just give up go bad .. You can imagine that IS what would happen.

Work hard on that #3 book, Scott. I will be wanting it very soon! ( )
  Mecaza | Mar 7, 2014 |
I loved the story for it's originality - a post apocalyptic world where the only survivors are young children who haven't hit puberty yet. There are some moments in the book that breaks your heart, like when kids reaching puberty begin to die.

Space germs wipe out virtually everyone who has passed through puberty.

Abby Leigh is looking forward to watching the moon turn purple. For months, astronomers have been predicting that Earth will pass through the tail of a comet. They say that people will see colorful sunsets and, best of all, a purple moon.

But nobody has predicted the lightning-fast epidemic that sweeps across the planet on the night of the purple moon. The comet brings space dust with it that contains germs that attack human hormones. Older teens and adults die within hours of exposure.

On a small island off the coast of Maine, Abby must help her brother and baby sister survive in this new world, but all the while she has a ticking time bomb inside of her -- adolescence.
Space germs decimate the adult population. Who will survive?

Scott Cramer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

1 avail.1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,618,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible