Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer

Night of the Purple Moon (edition 2012)

by Scott Cramer

1204799,749 (4.09)2
Member:CharDixon
Title:Night of the Purple Moon
Authors:Scott Cramer
Info:Train Renoir Publishing (2012), Paperback, 186 pages
Rating:*****

Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer

I received this book as a give away as part of a compilation [Shattered Worlds]. I have decided to give each book it's own review as I finish them to give the authors their due.

I really enjoyed {The Night of the Purple Moon] by [Scott Cramer]. It was well written and kept up a good pace. It was very similar to other YA dystopian novels out there but I would gladly recommend it to my students who enjoy this genre.

It starts with the world awaiting the arrival of a comet. The Earth will end up in the tail and the dust is supposed to turn the moon purple. Unfortunately the dust contains something else as well. The humanity of the younger generations, as well as their ability to survive, is about to be tested. How the world would go on was up to them. ( )
  MsHooker | Apr 20, 2014 |
Wow! It started slow but by the time I got to the end I wanted more, and then more.
  CarriePalmer | Mar 22, 2014 |
Really enjoyed this book and looking forward to #2 in the Trilogy.

Great characters and a very different end-of-the world scenario. This one kills almost all the adults and goes on killing anyone that enters puberty.. It is interesting to see how the good and bad elements of our world are replicated in the children that are left. Those with hope (and have some contact with what is going on in the world) are the "goodies" and those that just give up go bad .. You can imagine that IS what would happen.

Work hard on that #3 book, Scott. I will be wanting it very soon! ( )
  Mecaza | Mar 7, 2014 |
A suspenseful tale of pre-pubescent teens and children who band together on a small island after a comet spreads killer space dust that decimates adults and young adults as they enter puberty. Although the story appears to be oriented to young adults I found myself captivated by the story line and their courageous will to survive. ( )
  mcdenis | Mar 7, 2014 |
A well-written novel that will appeal to teens and adults alike! This reminded me of the popular Gone series, but it has a more realistic approach. Though it can be dark at times, I highly recommend this novel. ( )
  madamediotte | Jan 12, 2014 |
I loved the story for it's originality - a post apocalyptic world where the only survivors are young children who haven't hit puberty yet. There are some moments in the book that breaks your heart, like when kids reaching puberty begin to die.

Space germs wipe out virtually everyone who has passed through puberty.

Abby Leigh is looking forward to watching the moon turn purple. For months, astronomers have been predicting that Earth will pass through the tail of a comet. They say that people will see colorful sunsets and, best of all, a purple moon.

But nobody has predicted the lightning-fast epidemic that sweeps across the planet on the night of the purple moon. The comet brings space dust with it that contains germs that attack human hormones. Older teens and adults die within hours of exposure.

On a small island off the coast of Maine, Abby must help her brother and baby sister survive in this new world, but all the while she has a ticking time bomb inside of her -- adolescence.
Space germs decimate the adult population. Who will survive?

Scott Cramer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

1 avail.1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,565,406 books! | Top bar: Always visible