I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern

I Suck at Girls (2012)

by Justin Halpern

2031658,111 (3.79)8

this guy's father is a total crack up. i love reading what he says. ( )
  jodiesohl | May 6, 2015 |
It really was very funny. No way to know how much is exaggeration and how much is real, but I laughed out loud all the way through.
  FKarr | Dec 16, 2014 |
When Mr. Halpern decides to propose to his current girlfriend he asks the opinion of his dad. The old man says “Just take a day to think about it”:

“I took a day and I sat and thought about all the things I had learned about myself, and about women, up to that point in my life. Just sat and thought. I may have smoked marijuana as well. Anyway, at the end of the day, I took stock of everything I’d gone through in my head, and I asked myself if I still wanted to propose to your mother. And I did. So that’s what I humbly suggest you do, unless you think you’re somehow smarter than I am, which considering you share my genetics, is unlikely”

And so he does. He takes a day and think about the wonder years and tells us all about it in a witty and funny way.

Complete review at http://littlesbooks.com/suck-girls-justin-halpern/ ( )
  johasz | Jun 21, 2014 |
I received this book as a birthday gift from a friend that has the same sense of humor as I do. She nailed it. This read was funny, witty, made liberal use of cuss words and was also heart-warming and insightful. Basically, an all around great humor book. I've heard some jokes or parts thereof from this writer before, but never read this much at one time. Reminds me of David Sedaris. ( )
  Bricker | May 21, 2014 |
Well written, funny, fun but short book. I would easily recommend this to others. I don't know how much of it is real, but I hope a lot.

I loved his stories, and gives an anxiety based person like me a lot of hope for the future. ( )
  halkeye | Feb 4, 2014 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0062113372, Hardcover)

Amazon Best Books of the Month, May 2012: Sh*t My Dad Says was a runaway bestseller and in his sophomore effort, I Suck at Girls, Justin Halpern proves he’s not just a one hit wonder. Halpern’s sarcastic, utterly lovable dad once again shares his pearls of wisdom--including the best advice I’ve seen on the subject of getting married--but it’s Justin himself who takes center stage this time. Relationships provide great comedic material and Halpern makes the most of his experiences coming of age amidst the opposite sex. From his first crush (yes, he made her cry) to searching for his wild side on a booze-fueled trip to Ibiza, to meeting the girl of his dreams and asking her to stand guard at the bathroom door (no drugs, just a bad BK chicken griller)--Halpern puts it all out there and, as his dad might say, I laughed my ass off. --Seira Wilson

Childhood Photos of Justin Halpern, author of I Suck at Girls

My mom pulled me out of line to take this, by saying "Justy, you're so cute, lemme see your little face."
My little league all-stars jersey. That is the pose of a confident young man.
Senior year of high school. Finally put on some weight. Just starting to get a receding hairline. Well played, God.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:35 -0400)

Presents a humorous collection of stories about the author's relationships with the opposite sex told chronologically, from his first kiss to getting engaged.

103 wanted3 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,254,763 books! | Top bar: Always visible