Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern

I Suck at Girls (2012)

by Justin Halpern

To Read (292)

This was incredibly funny! I stayed up very late last night reading a huge chunk and then I finished it over breakfast this morning. I love when a book is so funny that I feel the need to poke my husband while he is sleeping and read him portions of it (although I doubt my husband likes that!)
I would really like to look into Shit my Dad Says now because I think the dad is the best character in this book! Just about every great quote include a lot of curse words though which for me makes it funnier but for some people might be a turn off! ( )
  ChelleBearss | Mar 10, 2018 |
Cute, but I wish it had more of his Dad's quotes in it. ;) ( )
  ElleyOtter | Nov 28, 2017 |
Well it's a no go for the audiobook of this for me. I just can't take the narrator. Maybe one day I'll pick up the print/ebook and try again. For now, DNF.

***DNF so no rating
  bookjunkie57 | May 31, 2016 |
Pretty funny. Laughed out loud a handful of times. First book of Halpern's I've read. A quick read. ( )
  Charlie-Ravioli | Jan 18, 2016 |
This is Justin Halpern's follow-up to his hilarious Sh*t My Dad Says. While not as funny, I Suck at Girls does have its moments. Dad is in rare form, with such pithy observations as "you look like a penguin with AIDS," when his son goes to his senior prom wearing a two-sizes-too-large tuxedo.

Halpern gives us a look at his efforts to get somewhere with girls - an endeavor he apparently did really suck at. He also shares stories about growing up in America - teenage angst, getting a driver's license, finding a job, going to college, and all the other traditional rites of passage kids have to go through.

The book is very amusing, though not always laugh-out-loud funny. It does have its moments. ( )
  jpporter | Sep 18, 2015 |

Justin Halpernprimary authorall editionscalculated
Schemmel, SeanReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0062113372, Hardcover)

Amazon Best Books of the Month, May 2012: Sh*t My Dad Says was a runaway bestseller and in his sophomore effort, I Suck at Girls, Justin Halpern proves he’s not just a one hit wonder. Halpern’s sarcastic, utterly lovable dad once again shares his pearls of wisdom--including the best advice I’ve seen on the subject of getting married--but it’s Justin himself who takes center stage this time. Relationships provide great comedic material and Halpern makes the most of his experiences coming of age amidst the opposite sex. From his first crush (yes, he made her cry) to searching for his wild side on a booze-fueled trip to Ibiza, to meeting the girl of his dreams and asking her to stand guard at the bathroom door (no drugs, just a bad BK chicken griller)--Halpern puts it all out there and, as his dad might say, I laughed my ass off. --Seira Wilson

Childhood Photos of Justin Halpern, author of I Suck at Girls

My mom pulled me out of line to take this, by saying "Justy, you're so cute, lemme see your little face."
My little league all-stars jersey. That is the pose of a confident young man.
Senior year of high school. Finally put on some weight. Just starting to get a receding hairline. Well played, God.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:50 -0400)

Presents a humorous collection of stories about the author's relationships with the opposite sex told chronologically, from his first kiss to getting engaged.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,523,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible