Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey,…

Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty…

by E. L. James

5653117,647 (3.43)1 / 26

English (29)  Catalan (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (31)
i have read these books 3 times through. i have yet to see the movie. the first time you read it it is easy to only concentrate on the bdsm/sex scenes. i felt myself falling more into the plot and story the second read through and really picked up on the romance aspect :) ( )
  amy1825 | Feb 23, 2015 |
Great book! not at all what i expected at first but once i began i couldnt put it down! After the first book i made sure i had the second and third before i would begin reading but of coarse i read the first one again before going on with the next two. Yes there is alot of sex but hey if your not into that kind of thing then dont read this book;but then again maybe reading this bookwill get you into the mood and spice up your love life! I know it did mine!! This is a MUST READ!!! ( )
  TabithaT | Feb 19, 2015 |
Jeez... I just had to read it to know what all the fuss was about. Now that I've had, I need to say it's just the kind of literature you read when you can't concentrate properly to read a normal book :) or when you're just curious as I was. ( )
  otikhonova | Dec 8, 2014 |
I have read book one....I think I got coerced into reading them.
Book one - Fifty Shades.. The sex got very tedious, each time 'Anastasia' went drippy I rolled my eyes, not again. She becomes wimpy and very needy,and then you want to slap her yourself. Thank goodness I finished that book.

Book two - Fifty Shades Darker.. At last the semblance of a story, but now he becomes needy, this time though it fits better. I will admit to enjoying the second book.

Book three - I was interested to read how it all panned out, but we all know who the person who wanted to spoil it all...At the end it was so so predictable..2 kids, sun, meadow, picnic..big house behind with panoramic view.

I can see why women love it..girl is wooed and seduced by multi millionaire, and gets lots of presents. Not in anyone's lifetime would it ever happen but a woman can dream..of the money, the beautiful man and rich lifestyle. Not for me though.

Now the serious review bit: Very very predictable story about person who is involved in bdsm and who has to be somehow screwed up big time, after all why would anyone be normal if they liked something different. Also this is a book about sex, so why marry sex with bdsm? Nothing wrong with role play, but not the same as bdsm. Still I guess the book was written for maximum income targeting women whose lives are a little jaded and want to have some excitement of dreaming there is something more daring out there.

Lasting impression: forgotten them already ( )
  greatbookescapes | Nov 20, 2014 |
I have read book one....I think I got coerced into reading them.

Lasting impression: forgotten them already ( )
  greatbookescapes | Nov 20, 2014 |

Fifty shades of grey: When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind -- until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.Fifty shades darker: Daunted by Christian's dark secrets and singular tastes, Ana has broken off their relationship to start a new career. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and while Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana is forced to make the most important decision of her life.Fifty shades freed: Now, Ana and Christian have it all--love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to turn Ana's deepest fears into reality. .… (more)

920 wanted2 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,564,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible