The Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell

The Bone Bed (edition 2012)

by Patricia Cornwell

Member:soozif
Title:The Bone Bed
Authors:Patricia Cornwell
Info:Little, Brown (2012), Hardcover

The Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell

English (20)  Dutch (1)  English (21)
Scarpetta strikes again! While I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, I would advise the reader not to try and guess Whodunnit. This is a real life accounting of crime, where even sometimes the professionals are stumped. I highly recommend this novel, as well as all Patricia Cornwell novels. It is refreshing to read a book entrenched in reality. ( )
  Deankut | Sep 26, 2016 |
I've read other books in this series--just not necessarily in the series order. I did find it took me a bit to re-settle into the characters to know who was who and who did what. Something different in that there were not many suspects identified during the investigation. That cut down on me being able to guess who the killer was during the story.

Despite the title the bone bed (a dinosaur paleontology dig in Canada) doesn't factor overly prominently into the story, though it does seem to be the factor that ties several seemingly unrelated things together. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jun 3, 2016 |
My updates covered most of my thoughts as I went through the book, until the last bit. There were a number of elements in this work that did not seem to flow into one another that well. The change in Lucy's relationship status - though perhaps that bodes well for her next entry, just announced to be titled Dust I believe I saw. Benton's relationship with a co-worker, the dinosaur dig, things just seemed kind of disparate and then all wrapped up with the serial killer coming in from left field....I know I'll probably read the next one...I won't buy it, and I'll hope for something more satisfying. ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
The first hundred pages are very descriptive about the same thing, and could have been dealt with in 10 pages.. It is rather boring, there is no real suspense.. I am disappointed because I liked her other books.. ( )
  Ingstje | Jan 18, 2016 |
My late mother didn't have many Kay Scarpetta novels, but the ones she had sent me to our library to eagerly check out more. Blow Fly ended that interest. Still, when The Bone Bed showed up among the library's newer audio mysteries, I decided to give it a chance.

I see that quite a few changes have come to Scarpetta's life since the book I didn't bother to finish. I did finish this one, but that had more to do with the victims than Scarpetta, who was getting on my nerves. Got to feel smug because I'd latched onto a clue that pointed me in the right direction. The narration was adequate. ( )
  JalenV | Jan 2, 2016 |

Patricia Cornwellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ligterink, YolandeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Staci - you make it possible and fun.

A woman has vanished while digging a dinosaur bone bed in the remote wilderness of Canada. Somehow, the only evidence has made its way to the inbox of Chief Medical Examiner Kay Scarpetta, over two thousand miles away in Boston. She has no idea why. But as events unfold with alarming speed, Scarpetta begins to suspect that the paleontologist’s disappearance is connected to a series of crimes much closer to home: a gruesome murder, inexplicable tortures, and trace evidence from the last living creatures of the dinosaur age.

When she turns to those around her, Scarpetta finds that the danger and suspicion have penetrated even her closest circles. Her niece Lucy speaks in riddles. Her lead investigator, Pete Marino, and FBI forensic psychologist and husband, Benton Wesley, have secrets of their own. Feeling alone and betrayed, Scarpetta is tempted by someone from her past as she tracks a killer both cunning and cruel.

This is Kay Scarpetta as you have never seen her before. The Bone Bed is a must read for any fan of this series, or an ideal starting point for new readers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:22 -0400)

In Alberta, Canada, an eminent paleontologist disappears from a dinosaur dig site, and at the Cambridge Forensic Center, Kay Scarpetta receives a grisly communication that gives her a dreadful reason to suspect this may become her next case. Then, with shocking speed, events begin to unfold. A body recovered from Boston Harbor reveals bizarre trace evidence hinting of a link to other unsolved cases that seem to have nothing in common. Who is behind all this? And whom can Scarpetta trust? Her lead investigator, Pete Marino, and FBI agent husband, Benton Wesley, are both unhappy with her because of personnel changes at the CFC, and her niece Lucy has become even more secretive than usual. Scarpetta fears she just may be on her own this time--against an enormously powerful and cunning enemy who seems impossible to defeat.--Publisher.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,626,317 books! | Top bar: Always visible