A Warrior's Promise by Donna Fletcher

A Warrior's Promise (edition 2012)

by Donna Fletcher

234459,532 (3.69)1 / 1
Member:MyBookAddiction
Title:A Warrior's Promise
Authors:Donna Fletcher
Info:Avon (2012), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:highlanders, warrior's, the warrior king, historical romance, medieval

A Warrior's Promise by Donna Fletcher

Charlotte, has lived most of her life protecting herself and her father, now he has been taken by King Kenneth's soldiers, and now she is desperate to find her father at any cost. So she decides to dress like a boy, so its easier to go about the countryside in search of her beloved father. Then she runs into Bryce MacAlpin, who only see's her as "Charles". Bryce, can't believe that he is willing to help this urchin, when he needs to focus on his special quest to restore the true King to power, however there is something about Charles he can't put his finger on, but knows he needs to help him find his father. But when he finds out that Charles is not a boy at all but a beautiful woman...he can't resist the desire he feels for her, and he will have to choose between the duty to his family and country, or the love he feels for Charlotte. A Warrior's Promise is the third in the Warrior King Series, and the first I have been able to read in the series so far, and I am totally hooked. Its been a while since I have read from this author, but I have enjoyed her stories, and this was is one of my favorites of her works. I really enjoyed the characters, including the side characters (Bryce's Family), very entertaining and full of life, they almost seemed real. The story kinda started out slow, but once I got into the story it really picked up speed, and I found myself not able to put it down. Bryce, is the kind of hero, the just makes you want to gobble him up and keep him chained in your bedchamber LOL. He is utterly irresistable, protective, and a tender and caring lover, but very dedicated to family and honor, who could resist such a man?? Charlotte, is not your usual heroine, she has had to fight to survive, she is brave and yet she does have a softer side as well, and I couldn't help but love her to pieces, she had qualities that were very endearing. The plot was exciting and definitely had some unexpected surprises, that fully satisfied me. Overall A Warrior's Promise, was a exciting and fun read, with moments of suspense and passion and I can hardly wait to read the rest of the series. A Romance You Have To Read!!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Feb 25, 2013 |
A WARRIOR'S PROMISE by Donna Fletcher is another exciting Scottish historical romance. Book 3 in the "Warrior King" series,but can be read as a stand alone. See, " Bound To A Warrior", and "Loved By A Warrior". Fast paced,action packed and filled with danger,passion,bravery,secrets,deception,Highlanders,romance,and love. Bryce MacAlpin is on a quest to help restore Scotland's true King and learns a lesson a humility and passion. Charlotte,is on a quest to save her father,disguised as a boy...Charles, she learns a lesson on bravery and passion. Together they find the love of a lifetime while following their quest. With a strong,sexy, highland hero and a courageous wee Lass you can not go wrong with "A Warrior's Promise". Ms. Fletcher knows how to write a strong Scottish romance. A must for anyone who enjoys Scottish highlanders,a strong story line and a plot to die for. Received for an honest review from the publisher and Above The Treeline. Details can be found at the author's website, Avon Books,an imprint of Harper Collins Publishing,and My Book Addiction and More.

RATING: 5

HEAT RATING: MILD

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Nov 19, 2012 |
Although the premise is unlikely, the characters make you enjoy the story. I went back and read the previous two titles, which is the highest compliment. ( )
  mlorio | Jun 2, 2012 |
A Wicked Road to Hell by Juliana Stone

As a first novel in a new series, I felt that even though I had never read this author, why would I have any problems---new series right? Wrong. Ms Stone has incorporated many characters from her past books and just expanded on them and gave Ana a Vampire her “own” story. I feel that if you are going to enjoy this novel you must have some understanding of the past ones. I didn’t have that understanding of the past so therefore I did not enjoy this book at all.
Another problem I had is the fact that the characters do a lot of inner dialoguing; there is not much conversation between Declan (the main male love interest and a sorcerer) and Ana (female love interest-Vampire) to back up whatever is going on with them. They just think they know what is best for the other. The level of angst they both carry around and the self-recrimination they both had went beyond the pale and into the realm of annoying. I found myself more than one rolling my eyes at these two supposed mature adults.

The fact that this book is filled with all sorts of otherworldly creatures is fascinating. And give the idea that a powerful Demon along with the Seraph, Sorcerers, shape-changers, Vampires etc, could all work together to keep things on an even keel between worlds is a fairly novel one.

If you are not new to this author and have read her other series in which some of these characters have been introduced, and you have no problems with her past works, then this will most likely be a book you love. However, if you are like me and never read anything by Ms Stone, then I would be cautious and make sure you have plenty of patience. As I said, it IS the first in a new series so perhaps other readers will find no problems with this book. ( )
  Cats57 | Apr 21, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062034669, Mass Market Paperback)

It has been prophesied that four men, raised as brothers, will bring Scotland back to glory. The third one will first endure a lesson in humility—and passion.

Charlotte is as brave as any Highland warrior, but she can't rescue her father alone. Her sweet face could convince any man to come to her aid, but fate has a funny way of complicating things. For when she is lucky enough to land at the feet of the mighty Bryce MacAlpin, Charlotte is in disguise . . . as Charles.

Bryce can afford no distractions on his vital quest to restore Scotland's true king to the throne. It is madness to instead give his help to this desperate urchin— especially after Charlotte's secret comes to light! Now, caught between a growing passion and his dedication to the king, will Bryce turn away from love in order to fulfill his quest? Or will he discover that promising your heart is the bravest mission of all?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:19 -0400)

Charlotte is as brave as any Highland warrior, but she can't rescue her father alone. Her sweet face could convince any man to come to her aid, but fate has a funny way of complicating things. For when she is lucky enough to land at the feet of the mighty Bryce MacAlpin, Charlotte is in disguise...as Charles.--p.4 of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,489,485 books! | Top bar: Always visible