The Lost Prince (Iron Fey) by Julie Kagawa

The Lost Prince (Iron Fey) (edition 2012)

by Julie Kagawa

Member:cloudynight
Title:The Lost Prince (Iron Fey)
Authors:Julie Kagawa
Info:Harlequin Teen (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:made me cry

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

3 ½ Stars ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
Well, this was absolutely the first book I had ever read by Julie Kagawa, and oh my gosh! I usually do not do the fangirl style review, and I am going to try very hard not to do that here, but I loved this book.

When the story opens, Ethan strikes you as the brooding, "stay away from me, I am trouble" bad boy that he wants everyone to see him as. Because it is easier that way. Maybe it is even safer that way, for Ethan and for those around him. But no matter how hard he tries, things just are not going to work out to be safe and easy in Ethan's world, because Ethan knows to many secrets, and he can never escape who he is, who his family is, or what he is able to do.

The world building in this story is amazing and I could actually picture every scene in my head, imagining as if I were watching a well-scripted movie instead of reading a book. The characters are great, and they have great depth, for the most part. I am still a little confused about the bully scene, with Kingston and his cronies, because I still just do not get how that fit into the story, but maybe I am naive and dense and silly. There were a few things that seemed overly foreshadowed, but I can get past that. Maybe because I have lived a while, maybe because of my obsession with things in the medical field, but I was able to guess pretty easily what Kenzie was hiding. My fair readers, of course, you will have to figure that out for yourself because I always try very hard to not give away spoilers, but it is going to make you want to cry for the duo.

This book has everything. Fantasy worlds that could never really exist (or could they, now?), action, adventure, romance and some good old fashioned family drama. Because every book needs a little family drama, and in this case, it really does add to the story because without the family drama, some things just would not make sense, would they.

I liked that the perception of fairies was so different in this book. It really kept you on your toes, because fairies in this case were not always friendly and helpful and fun. They were mischievous and dangerous and sometimes downright evil. I kind of like that.

Disclaimer, I did get a copy of this book in ebook in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
I enjoyed taking a trip back to the Nevernever with a new generation of characters.

Ethan is the Iron Queen's brother. He has had a lot of bad things happen to him in his life. One of the worst was the disappearance of his sister from his life. He has a lot of anger that is directed to the fay, they make his life miserable.

Ethan is forced to accept his past and embrace his future when a half-fairy disappears. He begins a journey into the Nevernever to save his friend. Along the way he discovers a softer side, love, family, and friendship.

I had forgotten how much I enjoy Julie Kagawa's writing style. She tells the story from the first person using a voice that is entertaining and sarcastic. It is a mix that really works and keeps me wanting more. I waited far too long to read this book. I'm glad to get back into a story with some of my favorite characters. ( )
  Bookworm_Lisa | Jun 19, 2014 |
Truly I couldn't get past the first few chapters of this teen-age angst "Bullies in the locker room and principals who could care less since they're super stars" book..

Suppose if I could get past that and into the fantasy world it may be better, but not worth my time. ( )
  FaithLibrarian | Jun 7, 2014 |

When Ethan Chase is attacked and the fey begin to disappear, he must change the rules he lives by to protect his family and save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,162,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible