Classic Sourdoughs: A Home Baker's Handbook

by Ed Wood, Jean Wood

This volume covers the baking, history and cultural anthropology of sourdoughs. It includes 90 recipes, describing the basics of preparing a sourdough culture and how to build, shape and bake these loaves. It mixes hard science with baking traditions and emphasizes ingredient selection and baking techniques. It includes a chapter on baking sourdoughs in bread machines.… (more)

I was grateful to find a book on this interesting topic, but I am so frustrated with it that I have developed step-by-step instructions for myself from its long, narrative, in-depth discussions. For complicated issues one wants clear instructions, not paragraphs of narrative! I have twice bought starter from the company but up until now I have been so intimidated by the complication of it all that I haven't yet launched my soughdough project. I'm hoping to overcome that by adapting and following my own instructions. If I succeed it will be in spite of the book! ( )
  LaurelMildred | Jul 30, 2009 |
Sourdoughs are never going to be easy to make, and are always time consuming. A great book, though, with plenty to get stuck into. Just make sure you have lots of fridge space for the starters! ( )
  Bibliophial | Jan 5, 2007 |

Wood, Edprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wood, Jeanmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,900,475 books! | Top bar: Always visible