The Scoundrel Takes a Bride by Stefanie…

The Scoundrel Takes a Bride

by Stefanie Sloane

32None344,688 (3.24)1

My review at Booklist:

Sloane’s fifth title in the Regency Rogues series, following The Saint Who Stole My Heart (2012), finds Lady Sophia determined to find out why her mother was killed. After she hears new information about the death, she enlists the aid of Nicholas Bourne, her fiancé Langdon’s younger brother. Newly returned to England from India, Nicholas is initially reluctant, but agrees to help when Sophia says that, given her background as an aide at Scotland Yard and her criminal psychology avocation, she will hunt down the mysterious killer known as the Bishop. At first Sophia is a little uneasy in Nicholas’ presence, and finally realizes it’s because she loves him more than his brother, her intended. When she and Nicholas go to her family’s summer home where her mother was killed, and where she, Nicholas, and Langdon played as children, it becomes more and more difficult to resist their passion while they look into her mother’s final days. Sloane leavens the grim investigation and the angst of illicit love with humor in this satisfying tale.— Pat Henshaw ( )
  phenshaw | Nov 13, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Another great book from the Early Reviewers program, I couldn't put it down, of course I had to, to you know eat, sleep and work . Looking forward to the next one.
  mermaidjoy | Nov 8, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was quite slow to get in to, but once I broke through it, I did enjoy it. Maybe if I had read the one's before I might have liked it better. ( )
  aimeef | May 22, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I go read regency romance in sporadically. This is a good regency romance. I liked the way the characters interacted. Next time I'm in the mood for this genre, I'd pick up another of her books. ( )
  Nicholette | Feb 21, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A delightful, well paced, witty, romance. I enjoyed it thoroughly. ( )
  jynxpierce | Feb 19, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345531159, Mass Market Paperback)

In Stefanie Sloane’s irresistible Regency romance series of spy games and seductive passion, a rogue discovers that his desire for the wrong woman is so very right.

A notorious scoundrel, the right Honorable Nicholas Bourne has spent years in the East Indies amassing a fortune through questionable means. Still, his loyalty to his older brother, Langdon, and his childhood friends remains true and trusted. But when Lady Sophia Southwell, the woman promised to Nicholas’s brother, seeks his help on a dangerous mission, he is troubled—and torn. Unable to dissuade her from her quest to find a killer, he vows to keep her safe. This makes his mission the hardest test of his wits, honor, and skill. For Sophia is the secret love of his life.

For years, Sophia has planned her daring act of revenge against her mother’s killer. She has painstakingly prepared herself by studying the criminal mind. Now she knows that the moment is right and that Nicholas is the man to help her. But she doesn’t count on the reckless temptation of his rugged sensuality or the captivating intensity in his deep eyes. When desire and emotion intoxicate her as they venture together into the darkest corners of London’s underbelly, Sophia must contend with a yearning even more powerful than the quest for vengeance: the call of love.

“Stefanie Sloane’s books will leave you breathless.”—Julia Quinn

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:28 -0400)

"A notorious scoundrel, the right Honorable Nicholas Bourne has spent years in the East Indies amassing a fortune through questionable means. Still, his loyalty to his older brother, Langdon, and his childhood friends remains true and trusted. But when Lady Sophia Southwell, the woman promised to Nicholas's brother, seeks his help on a dangerous mission, he is troubled--and torn. Unable to dissuade her from her quest to find a killer, he vows to keep her safe. This makes his mission the hardest test of his wits, honor, and skill. For Sophia is the secret love of his life. For years, Sophia has planned her daring act of revenge against her mother's killer. She has painstakingly prepared herself by studying the criminal mind. Now she knows that the moment is right and that Nicholas is the man to help her. But she doesn't count on the reckless temptation of his rugged sensuality or the captivating intensity in his deep eyes. When desire and emotion intoxicate her as they venture together into the darkest corners of London's underbelly, Sophia must contend with a yearning even more powerful than the quest for vengeance: the call of love."-- P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Stefanie Sloane is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Scoundrel Takes a Bride by Stefanie Sloane was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,448,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible