dismiss

These Happy Golden Years (1943)

by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Laura has her first experiences as a teacher, and is courted by Almanzo Wilder.

English (45)  French (1)  All languages (46)
Good condition
  JamesLemons | Apr 23, 2020 |
In "These Happy Golden Years," Laura is finally a schoolteacher, 12 miles from her home. When her first term starts, Almanzo drives her home every week, often in the icy snow, even though it's an inconvenience to him. They continue their courtship, and finally become engaged. Laura teaches only 3 terms of school before they marry, which suits her just fine, as she never really wanted to be a teacher.

This book is my favorite Little House book, probably because I'm a hopeless romantic; the old-fashioned 3-year courtship is heartwarming, and a pleasure to read. ( )
  book_lady15 | Apr 3, 2020 |
Laura is now working as a teacher and making money for her family. It’s been such a joy to watch her grow up and it’s hard to believe she’s a woman now. Almanzo courts her with buggy rides and I loved watching her show her strength and fearless nature as she becomes more comfortable around him. Definitely one of my favorites in the series.

“The last time always seems sad, but it isn’t really. The end of one thing is only the beginning of another.” ( )
  bookworm12 | Sep 6, 2019 |
I love this series!!! These are my favorites!!! ( )
  dbailey25 | Feb 24, 2019 |
Not one of my favorites of the series, but still very good. The story of Laura staying with an isolated family in which the woman seems to be severely depressed and hostile is powerful ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |

Laura Ingalls Wilderprimary authorall editionscalculated
Williams, GarthIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sunday afternoon was clear, and the snow-covered prairie sparkled in the sunshine.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,067,239 books! | Top bar: Always visible