Peter Pan purppuran lumoissa by Geraldine…

Peter Pan purppuran lumoissa (edition 2006)

by Geraldine McCaughrean, Scott M. Fischer, Saara Hyyppä (KääNt.)

Member:Dei_Diamanda
Title:Peter Pan purppuran lumoissa
Authors:Geraldine McCaughrean
Other authors:Scott M. Fischer, Saara Hyyppä (KääNt.)
Info:Helsinki WSOY 2006
Collections:Read, Children's books
Rating:***
Tags:Read 2012

Peter Pan in Scarlet by Geraldine McCaughrean

English (30)  Finnish (1)  All languages (31)
The Pan returns!! ( )
  feenie1010 | Feb 22, 2015 |
A book I thought would be good but instead turned out to be mostly boring. ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 11, 2014 |
It turned out to be an okay story. I was not so impressed by the beginning or most of the middle. I just didn't think the story was overly impressive. I felt like the effort to address every character and plot twist from the previous story slowed the book to an almost unbearable crawl. It just seemed as though the book was forced and drawn out. It could have been better. ( )
  matthewbloome | May 19, 2013 |
Silly. Exploitative. Badly-drawn characters. None of the magic of the original. That's enough reasons and enough time spent on why I gave this charmless book up. ( )
  Petra.Xs | Apr 2, 2013 |
This book is clever, funny, and well written -- for it's style. But there's a reason why children today don't read Barrie or other turn of the century authors. The style has a precious quality to it that American kids are going to find cloying. It's too bad that the author did not focus on the characters and adventures rather than trying to write like Barrie. I read about a third without finding a reason to want to finish it. ( )
  Inky_Fingers | Nov 24, 2012 |

Geraldine McCaughreanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curry, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hyyppä, SaaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wyatt, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is a (non-series) sequel to

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 019272620X, Hardcover)

Book Description:
In August 2004 the Special Trustees of Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital, who hold the copyright in Peter Pan, launched a worldwide search for a writer to create a sequel to J.M. Barrie's timeless masterpiece. Renowned and multi award-winning English author Geraldine McCaughrean won the honor to write this official sequel, Peter Pan in Scarlet. Illustrated by Scott M. Fischer and set in the 1930s, Peter Pan in Scarlet takes readers flying back to Neverland in an adventure filled with tension, danger, and swashbuckling derring-do!

Amazon.com Exclusive

Tony DiTerlizzi on Illustrating the Cover for Peter Pan in Scarlet
I grew up with J. M. Barrie's Peter and Wendy and later read Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens which was illustrated by the great turn-of-the-century artist, Arthur Rackham. Peter's carefree spirit and nature is what I adored as a child and long for now as an adult. And these are the feelings I tried to convey into my rendition of the boy-who-would-not-grow-up.

In working on an image for the American jacket of this authorized sequel, I went through many designs trying to capture the spirit of the 100-year-old character while making him intriguing to the readers of today. This, of course, is much easier said than done.

Many of us have an idea of what Peter Pan should look like based on stage plays, movies, and the myriad of illustrated books, but in actuality both J. M. Barrie and Geraldine McCaughrean describe very few of his physical features. This opens up a lot of room for visual interpretation for an illustrator, however anything too severe in redesign would lead to confusion of identifying who this iconic and (dare I say) mythic character is. So I tried to breathe some new life into his appearance, but still remain faithful to the Peter Pan we all know and love.

--Tony DiTerlizzi

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:29 -0400)

In the 1930s, all is not well. Nightmares are leaking out of Neverland. Fearing for Peter Pan's life, Wendy and the Lost Boys go back to Neverland -- with the help of the fairy Fireflyer -- only to discover their worst nightmares coming true! Peter Pan and his friends eventually restore Neverland to rights.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,166,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible