Mrs Queen Takes the Train by William Kuhn

Mrs Queen Takes the Train (edition 2012)

by William Kuhn

Member:birdsam0610
Title:Mrs Queen Takes the Train
Authors:William Kuhn
Info:Harper (2012), Hardcover, 384 pages
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, england, queen, monarchy, friendship

Mrs. Queen Takes the Train by William Kuhn

English (41)  Catalan (1)  All languages (42)
Aww. If only the queen were as sweet and cute as this books makes her out to be.

Of the converging story lines in this book, I was *completely uninterested* in one. I read the first two or three sections of their story, then started skimming before outright skipping over them. I'd just see their names and go, yup, skip that... and right on to the next section.

Overall, it was a cute story with some annoyances thrown in to keep me on my toes, I'm sure. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
No idea how this got on my list - must've been confusion.  I have no interest in Downtown Abbey, not an Anglophile, not impressed by the glamor of royalty, not interested in the home lives of celebrities....  I did manage to get to p. 44, to try to see what might be here besides that crap, but found no hints of anything.  Well, ok, Mrs. Queen does a bit of yoga and likes the Warrior pose.  Right...
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 5, 2016 |
I'm afraid I was immune to the charm of this. It started out well enough but then just petered out, not having much to say and not saying it very well. I did read The Uncommon Reader for bookclub and found both the obvious comparison and then ham-fisted actual one only emphasized how Bennet's novella was subtle and this was not.
  amyem58 | May 30, 2016 |
Extremely enjoyable quick read. Republican or monarchist this is a great little story about so much more than the queen having an existential crisis. Both enjoyable and understandable this is a genuinely good read. ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
This book is a fun, fast read. The characters, including The Queen (must get that right!), are well drawn. Each has a personal problem which needs to be solved, and others pitch in to help iron out the problems of their compatriots, often in little ways. Meanwhile the reader has the treat of watching this kind of "keystone kops" set of antics which surrounds The Queen. ( )
  whymaggiemay | Apr 7, 2016 |
Kuhn has pulled off an entertaining ride inside the head of the Queen, enabling us to see her as she really is.

William Kuhnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Prebble, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Fritz Kuhn
Several years ago, on a dark afternoon in December, Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, and Her Other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth of Nations, Defender of the Faith, Duchess of Edinburgh, Countess of Merioneth, Baroness Greenwich, Duke of Lancaster, Lord of Mann, Duke of Normandy sat at her desk, frowning at a computer screen.

After decades of service and years of watching her family's troubles splashed across the tabloids, Britain's Queen is beginning to feel her age. An unexpected opportunity offers her relief: an impromptu visit to a place that holds happy memories-- the former royal yacht, Britannia, now moored near Edinburgh. When her royal attendants discovers she is missing, they set out to find her and bring her back before her absence becomes a national scandal.… (more)

William Kuhn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,389,760 books! | Top bar: Always visible