Much Ado About Madams (Hearts of Owyhee) by…

Much Ado About Madams (Hearts of Owyhee)

by Jacquie Rogers

542218,071 (4)None

Spoilers. I read it, the characters were nice but it was very repetitive & slow going. There wasn't much of a story. The naivete of the main character wasn't very believable.
  franoscar | May 20, 2012 |
I liked this book. It normally wouldn't have taken me so long but I was reading it in between others. It was a great change of pace from the paranormal books that I usually read.

I think all of the characters had depth to them. Not only was it funny but it was heart warming also. I like the fact that the main character was a strong character not like other romance books that I have read. Also a positive, there was no mention of any quivering members :D. ( )
  bella55075 | Apr 1, 2012 |

Short Description
Daisy Gardner wants to be a detective, but her parents want her to marry. What better way to solve her dilemma than to hire a town marshal and marry him? Cole Richards, wounded in a botched robbery, has to let the mayor pin the badge on his vest, or hang. Little did he know that the mayor's daughter had other plans for him. Or that his other daughter shot him.

Extended Description
Daisy Gardner wants to be a detective, just like her dime novel heroine, Honey Beaulieu. She does not want to be a farm wife, but that’s what her parents want. So what better solution to her dilemma than to marry the new marshal?

Cole Richards is honest, forthright, and stuck in a situation where he must lie and deceive or he and Bosco might end up as honored guests at a necktie party. That’s why he plays along with being the town marshal. He didn’t count going toe to toe with a lady detective who has marriage on her mind.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,695,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible