Angel & Faith, Volume 1: Live Through This…

Angel & Faith, Volume 1: Live Through This (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Christos Gage (Author), Scott Allie (Editor), Rebekah Isaacs (Illustrator)

Member:salimbol
Title:Angel & Faith, Volume 1: Live Through This
Authors:Christos Gage (Author)
Other authors:Scott Allie (Editor), Rebekah Isaacs (Illustrator)
Info:Dark Horse (2012), Paperback, 136 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:graphic novels, fantasy, action & adventure, horror, humour, supernatural, dark fantasy, tv tie-ins, Jossverse, vampires, joint authors, 21st century books, 2012 reading

Angel & Faith, Vol. 1: Live Through This by Christos Gage (2012)

vol. 1
  hapaxes | Sep 16, 2013 |
For any fans of the Angel tv show, or fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.Angel is back, and he's teamed up with Faith to try and resurrect Giles. ( )
  GirlsonFire | Mar 7, 2013 |
Takes place after the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eight comic book series. [This review contains Spoilers for Buffy Season Eight.]

Angel and Faith have teamed up, living in London. Giles left Faith his home, and she's been digging through his old Watcher Files. Angel, angsting about having killed Giles while under Twilight's control, has become obsessed with the idea of bringing him back from the dead. But he also has to deal with two disgruntled half-demons who killed slayers for him when he was "Twilight."

I enjoyed the Giles/Faith team-up we saw in Buffy:Season Eight; I'm not so sure how I feel about Angel and Faith yet. I'm sort of lukewarm about Angel's character to begin with, but on the other hand if you are an Angel fan you should enjoy this.

The art by Rebekah Isaacs is very good, the characters are instantly recognizable. Frankly, I think it is much better than the art in the Buffy comics. The story feels a bit thin at this point, though. It is only the first volume, but I hope they flesh out the plot a little in the next book. ( )
  catfantastic | Jan 10, 2013 |
Why read: Love Angel.

What impressed me: More Angel! Yep, that's about it.

What disappointed me: This is a decent continuation of Angel's story, but without Buffy or even his old friends from the series, things are dry. Faith just doesn't make the greatest partner to carry the series. The storyline was sort of ridiculous. Angel wanting to bring Giles back from the dead. As heartbroken as I was when Giles died, the entire idea just seems sadly like grasping at straws.

Recommended: Only if you really need an Angel fix.

Continue series: Yes, but only because I do, in fact, need an Angel fix. ( )
1 vote TequilaReader | Nov 15, 2012 |
#1-5 ( )
  angellreads | Aug 23, 2012 |

The supernatural world is reeling after the loss of magic in Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8, a prelude to the events that shape Angel and Faith. Throughout history Angel has had a lot to make up for, but it's his most recent mistake that may alter the course of this fan-favorite antihero--the murder of one of Buffy's most trusted allies. In his ongoing search for redemption, Angel firmly believes he's found a way to make amends--by reviving the dead! Cue Faith--rebel Slayer charged with helping Angel recover in the aftermath of his biggest misdeed. This story takes place during Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 by Joss Whedon.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,884,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible