The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom

The Time Keeper (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Mitch Albom

1,120827,356 (3.73)27
Member:1dragones
Title:The Time Keeper
Authors:Mitch Albom
Info:Hyperion (2012), Edition: First, Hardcover, 240 pages
Collections:Fantasy, Fiction, Your library

The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom (2012)

English (81)  German (1)  All (82)
  King_Leonidas | Nov 16, 2016 |
What a beautiful, powerful story that held me captive from the moment I read the first page until the very end. There are not many books that I feel a sense of shame when I put them down for the night and get some sleep, this is definitely one of them.

The story is about time, and how it holds each of us captive. We either have too much of it, or not enough which is true for two of the main characters in this book. As the story unfolds, you find yourself immersed in a time before time had any meaning. Life was simple, you lived each moment and enjoyed each moment. Life wasn't governed by hours, days or years, in essence life was there to be enjoyed. It was inevitable that one day, someone would begin to measure time and this is where our story kicks off. Time: You either have too much of it, or not enough. This is true for the two other main characters in this tale. As their story unfolds, you begin to realise how time affects each of us in different ways.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, and having just finished it I would quite easily pick the book up again and read it once more. ( )
  Jay-Freeman | Nov 4, 2016 |
It is common for me to feel attached to a book after I've finished it. It is also rather common for a book to make me cry. It is a bit common for a book to make me rethink my choices and path of life, but it is very rare for a book to affect me so much that I change my thought process completely.

I relate to Sarah Lemon. I think quite a few of us would be able to. Perhaps some would relate to VIctor instead. I'm not sure if Victor's story affected you as much as Sarah's story did to me, but either way, it is a lesson to learn.

As is common with Mitch Albom's books, I was left in tears towards the end. I won't go so much into detail here, but I will explain in my blog later.

The bottom line is, if you're not already a fan of Mitch Albom, I suggest you pick up one of his books. Now. Mitch is a brilliant storyteller and his books always has some brilliant lesson layered in it. His books also have the ability to touch your heart in a special way.

So 5 stars for this. Definitely a brilliant read! ( )
  KrystleLow | Oct 27, 2016 |
This isn't my favorite Mitch Albom book, but it's still good. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
No one can narrate the story as mitch did. His books are one of my priceless possessions. And every new book is in my must read list.
I suggest readers to must read this book, it is not just a story it is something you don't want to miss.
we always wanted to ditch time and live in a illusion that we have indefinite time and running behind those useless things which we know don't really mattered to us. In the race of winning the world we fooled ourselves and didn't pay attention to the moment we live in, how precious that is that all we have.
Live in the moment and let everything else on faith. ( )
  guncha | Sep 12, 2016 |
Mitch Albom is an author of internationally bestselling books, including Tuesdays with Morrie, which topped the New York Times bestseller list in 2010. So he knew what he was doing when he sat down to write another novel about spirituality in a modern setting. In The Time Keeper, he sticks to his tried and tested literary recipe, which follows an elderly man on an existential journey to a grand realisation. This novel earns its place on the bookshelf for its compelling and original storyline; the man who first tried to measure time is punished by living an eternity. However, Albom fails to probe the full depths of this idea and is unable to write with enough style to carry it through into more than a clichéd censure on modern times.
added by cairo360 | editCairo 360, Emily Wright (Mar 13, 2013)

Albom, Mitchprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stevens, DanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book, about time, is dedicated to Janine,
who makes every minute of life worthwhile.
A man sits alone in a cave
A man sits alone in a cave.

The inventor of the world's first clock is punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift. He is banished to a cave for centuries and forced to listen to the voices of all who come after him seeking more days, more years. Eventually, he is granted his freedom, but returning to our world is not the way he rememberd it.
The sands of time drift/
Measuring moments alone/
But love must trump time

After being punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift, Father Time returns to Earth along with a magical hourglass and a mission: a chance to redeem himself by teaching two earthly people the true meaning of time.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,731,033 books! | Top bar: Always visible