The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom

The Time Keeper (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Mitch Albom

Member:Judiex
Title:The Time Keeper
Authors:Mitch Albom
Info:Hyperion (2012), Edition: BOOK CLUB, Hardcover, 240 pages

The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom (2012)

English (70)  German (1)  All languages (71)
I'm a fan of Albom's books, and this one didn't disappoint me one bit. It was such a joy to read it! ( )
  pathogenik | Feb 18, 2016 |
The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom

★★★

If you’ve ever read a Mitch Albom novel, this book follows the same idea as all the rest - a short, precise novel that serves to teach us all a valuable lesson and inspire us. If this is a good or bad thing depends on your perception. I personally love this format and it’s what has always drawn me to his books. When I need a book to inspire me, Albom is one of the first authors I think of.

In this book the ultimate lesson is to enjoy the time you have and to make each moment count. Yes, I liked this book. But it definitely wasn’t my favorite of his. While it was short and to the point, like his novels often are, I felt like it was missing something. I wanted more. I didn’t feel as much of a connection to the characters as I would have liked. I wanted to hear more and get a better understanding of it all. But it was a heart-warming book about love, loss, and time. I enjoyed it and it was quick read that served its purpose of inspiring me. And trust me; I could use all the inspiration I can find.
  UberButter | Feb 9, 2016 |
Excellent story, engaging and interesting, with a good message. Time flies and time is precious. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
Listened on audio, nothing special. ( )
  KathyGilbert | Jan 29, 2016 |
Mitch Albom did not disappoint! This is a book I could read again! :) ( )
  JerseyGirl21 | Jan 24, 2016 |
Mitch Albom is an author of internationally bestselling books, including Tuesdays with Morrie, which topped the New York Times bestseller list in 2010. So he knew what he was doing when he sat down to write another novel about spirituality in a modern setting. In The Time Keeper, he sticks to his tried and tested literary recipe, which follows an elderly man on an existential journey to a grand realisation. This novel earns its place on the bookshelf for its compelling and original storyline; the man who first tried to measure time is punished by living an eternity. However, Albom fails to probe the full depths of this idea and is unable to write with enough style to carry it through into more than a clichéd censure on modern times.
added by cairo360 | editCairo 360, Emily Wright (Mar 13, 2013)

This book, about time, is dedicated to Janine,
who makes every minute of life worthwhile.
A man sits alone in a cave
A man sits alone in a cave.

The inventor of the world's first clock is punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift. He is banished to a cave for centuries and forced to listen to the voices of all who come after him seeking more days, more years. Eventually, he is granted his freedom, but returning to our world is not the way he rememberd it.
The sands of time drift/
Measuring moments alone/
But love must trump time

After being punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift, Father Time returns to Earth along with a magical hourglass and a mission: a chance to redeem himself by teaching two earthly people the true meaning of time.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 258 books! | Top bar: Always visible