Middle School: Get Me Out of Here! by James…

Middle School: Get Me Out of Here!

by James Patterson, Chris Tebbetts

Other authors: Laura Park (Illustrator)

Series: Middle School (2)

English (13)  Spanish (1)  All languages (14)
Be careful what you wish for. Rafe's dream school reveals itself to be the same wolf in the clothes of a different sheep. This book featured some growth for Rafe as he comes to understand the nature of hazing and begins to realize that the internal doubts he has about his value in life plague even the most successful of people. A phenomenal follow up. ( )
  benuathanasia | Aug 11, 2016 |
Ris starting a new year at a new school. So far its been great ( compared to his last school ). but now Leo set up another "mission" for Rafe . its called Operation get a life. what it means is that Rafe will try to live to the fullest without causing trouble. That doesn't work out thanks to mysterious uncles, online bullies, and terrible friends . This just brings Rafe to the extreme like finding his lost relatives while skipping school, stealing his bullies art project and in the end running away back to his home town. In the end he does make it home. He also learns to challenge life as it is but try not to revolt against it.

I thought this book was okay. the plot was fairly unique and overall was entertaining. the book was still funny and relatable.
What I didn't like was the weak conclusion and the lack of character development. It was like Rafe never learned anything from the last book. In conclusion this book did a good job of entertaining but not at concluding.
. ( )
  JackiF.B4 | May 16, 2016 |
This is so exciting to read! Base on the title and the reviews of this book, I imagine how this young boy adjusted himself to his new environment. Like me, I transferred to another school when I was in elementary and I adjusted myself to fit in. I am hoping to read this book soon. ( )
  CristinaAllen | Apr 7, 2016 |
I liked this 2nd book a bit better than the first. I think it was that I now understood what the authors were doing with Rafe and Leo. In this book Rafe, his sister and his mother have moved "into the city" to live with Grandma after a fire destroyed the diner Mom worked in. The plus side is that Rafe is out of the Middle School that he hated so badly and in a fine arts Middle School. The bad part is that even the "popular" kids in this school pick on him. He makes a friend called Matty and they work together to complete art projects.

There is a twist ending, which I loved. I'm looking forward to the next book which is in my towering TBR pile. ( )
  bookswoman | Apr 4, 2016 |
There really isn't much to this story. Patterson should really give up on the writing for kids. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |

Andrew Junge at Okland School of Arts

Alice Trageser at Hinesburg Community School

Lisa Pagano

Janie Bynum
Well, who'd hae though so much could change in one summer? Not me, that's for sure. Not my best buddy, Leonardo the Silent.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316206717, Hardcover)

James Patterson's winning follow-up to the #1 New York Times bestseller Middle School, The Worst Years of My Life--which the LA Times called "a perfectly pitched novel"--is another riotous and heartwarming story about living large.

After sixth grade, the very worst year of his life, Rafe Khatchadorian thinks he has it made in seventh grade. He's been accepted to art school in the big city and imagines a math-and-history-free fun zone.Wrong! It's more competitive than Rafe ever expected, and to score big in class, he needs to find a way to turn his boring life into the inspiration for a work of art. His method? Operation: Get a Life! Anything he's never done before, he's going to do it, from learning to play poker to going to a modern art museum. But when his newest mission uncovers secrets about the family Rafe's never known, he has to decide if he's ready to have his world turned upside down. (Includes over 100 illustrations.)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:45 -0400)

After surviving sixth grade, Rafe expects seventh grade to be a fun zone because he has been accepted to art school in the big city, but when he discovers it is more competitive than he expected, he sets out to turn his boring life into the inspiration for a work of art.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,692,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible