Point of Retreat (Volume 2) by Colleen…

Point of Retreat (Volume 2) (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed (2)

Member:lbethg65
Title:Point of Retreat (Volume 2)
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:CreateSpace (2012), Paperback, 300 pages

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

I loved this one probably about as much as the first if not more. I liked to see Will and Lake overcoming relationship obstacles. Although she was a little childish with the Vaughn thing in my opinion. I also loved to see it in Will's point of view. I think that made this one better because during their fight we didn't know where her head was at. I enjoyed the little bit of drama. Definitely a great sequel ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
Read prior to starting to review books; only left star rating ( )
  SimplyKelina | May 17, 2018 |
If you are considering reading "Point of Retreat," I highly suggest that you go pick up and read "Slammed" first. "Point of Retreat" is a continuation of the story told in "Slammed," and I suspect it would be hard to fully enjoy the nuances of the second book without having read the first.

That being said, I felt that "Point of Retreat" was a worthy follow up to "Slammed." I don't feel that it was quite as strong an entry, but I think that is because, with the initial tensions and anxieties resolved, the reader needed new ones, and it's hard to recreate the magic of the first one. But I still loved "Point of Retreat." I enjoyed the further exploration of the characters, and the addition of new characters, particularly Kiersten and Sherry. I was thrown a bit by the POV shift between the books, but I did manage to adjust to it about a third of the way through the book. I almost look at "Point of Retreat" as two short stories in the further lives of Layken and Will. Both were entertaining and heartwarming. If you really enjoyed "Slammed," it is certainly worth checking out this follow-up. ( )
  Caltania | Apr 26, 2018 |
You know an author does its job when you start reading one of its books and you lose track of time and suddenly you see that you've read half of it in a matter of what feels like seconds. This is exactly what happens with Colleen. If I would have a Colleen Hoover marathon and read only her books I might be done with them in a week lol. Point of Retreat wasn't as good as the first one but it still got me. A little too much kissing but it was awesome. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |
So good! I butterflying could not put this one down. I think I liked this one better than Slammed. ( )
  pennma05 | Jan 29, 2018 |

Layken and Will's relationship has endured through hardships, heartache, and a cruel twist of fate, further solidifying the fact that they belong together. But the two lovers could not have expected that the things that brought them together may ultimately be the things that tear them apart. Their connection is on the brink of being destroyed forever and it will take an extraordinary amount of willpower to keep their love afloat.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,424,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible