Point of Retreat: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

Point of Retreat: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed (2)

202None59,592 (4.14)2
Member:MichelleSedeno
Title:Point of Retreat: A Novel
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:YA, new adult, contemporary, romance

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Probably more of a 2.5 as there were parts that really impressed me and parts that made me want to count to a million just for something to do.

Kiersten was my tipping point. If her utterly brilliant personality hadn't been around, I would have given up with this one.

Basically, Point Of Retreat does the same thing as Slammed . It deals with some very serious topics but shrouds them in this YA nonsense. Maybe the point is that I'm not in my teens, but it still felt childish in parts. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |

So">http://colleenhoover.com/what-im-working-on-now/

So
excited I am Butterflying speechless ( )
  ChannellingCloretta | Mar 9, 2014 |
I guess Slammed is more touching than this ! ( )
  Soplada | Feb 27, 2014 |
LOVE.
"One more time."
"I love you."

I like to read a lot of romance novels but very few stick with me like this one does.
Initially, the fight between Will and Lake made me feel frustrated. So close yet so far(butterfly you, Vaughn and you too Reece.). Butterflying basagna interfering again !
But the story shaped itself again into what made me fall in love with Slammed.
The stars from Julia, the poetry Will wrote(especially this one
"I’ve learned something about my heart.
It can break.
It can be ripped apart.
It can harden and freeze.
It can stop. Completely.
It can shatter into a million pieces.
It can explode.
It can die.
The only thing that made it start beating again?
The moment you opened your eyes."
), Will's slam to Lake, Caulder's slam - so many moments that made me cry.
Love.
The Hey exchange when she wakes up, the Dad day that Will made special and Kiersten - memorable.
Thank you, Colleen Hoover. You've shown us just how beautiful a romance novel can really be. ( )
  ashpapoye | Jan 24, 2014 |
I think Colleen Hoover is slowly becoming one of my favorite authors. This is the third book by her that I have read, and I've enjoyed each one.

This story picks up where Slammed ended, but is told from Will's POV rather than that of Lake. Now that Will is no longer her teacher, you would think things would be easy for both of them. You would be wrong. Now they're dealing with Will's ex wanting to get back in his life, Will's childhood best friend needing a place to stay, getting a college education, raising their trouble-making younger brothers, and all the drama and secrets that those things seem to entail for them.

I enjoyed the book, but I felt like it could have been a little stronger. It was cute and funny and heart-breaking, but it was also a bit flat during some parts of the story. I still feel like it is absolutely worth reading and I have a feeling that people who enjoyed other books by Hoover, or by authors within the New Adult spectrum, would really like this book. ( )
  janersm | Jan 22, 2014 |

Layken and Will's relationship has endured through hardships, heartache, and a cruel twist of fate, further solidifying the fact that they belong together. But the two lovers could not have expected that the things that brought them together may ultimately be the things that tear them apart. Their connection is on the brink of being destroyed forever and it will take an extraordinary amount of willpower to keep their love afloat.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,998 books! | Top bar: Always visible