Point of Retreat: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

Point of Retreat: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed (2)

Member:MichelleSedeno
Title:Point of Retreat: A Novel
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:YA, new adult, contemporary, romance

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

I Butterflying love this book. It was so happy and sad at the same time. Only Colleen can use the word butterfly the way she did. It really made me laugh. I love Kierstan's character. I can't wait to see what Colleen does for the third book. ( )
  AaminahNisa | Sep 15, 2014 |
This book was sooo cute. In fact, I think I even liked it slightly more than Slammed, if that’s even possible. I know Slammed had more plot twists and emotional meanings, but Point of Retreat was just amazing in its simplicity. In Slammed I wanted to see more of Lake and Will alone, and my wish was granted in this book, because Point of Retreat is all about them. Mostly, it made me smile, laugh and fangirl all over the place. The story still had good vibes even when their relationship was in jeopardy. I loved Will’s grandpaul and I think my favorite character was Kiersten, seriously every time she appeared and I thought I couldn’t possibly love her more, I did.

This book had it all and I think Slammed wouldn’t have been complete without it.
P.S. Thank you Colleen Hoover for giving the word butterfly (and carving pumpkins) a whole new meaning. I think I’m gonna use them all the time even if nobody else understands that it’s an inside joke (then again, I think that’s the whole point). ( )
  kairih | Aug 30, 2014 |
First, I want to say I love Colleen Hoover! LOVE her! However, this book fell short of her talent. For as mature and developed as Lake and Will were in the first book, Slammed, I felt they digressed in this book. I understand she was trying to play up Layken's "carving pumkin" tendencies, but I was under the impression, while it's a character flaw, she had moved passed it in the first book. In tandem, I believe it can be very difficult to change point of view in a series. Many people have commented on their dislike of Will's POV for one reason or another. I think it is most difficult to write a book retelling a story that fulfills all the emotions and thoughts a reader has in the first book. I don’t think I’ve read book that yet that has done this with success. However, I will continue to read the rest of the series with This Girl because I adore Colleen Hoover. ( )
  breakingbooks | Aug 13, 2014 |
"Butterfly you" ( )
  Glire | Jul 7, 2014 |
This book is great! I love it. But I love Slammed better. Just when I thought I couldn't love Will's character more, I was wrong. I love how much he loves Lake and how he proved it to her. Let's just say that the standards and expectations I had for my future "guy" just increased a thousand fold because of Will. Haha! Anyways, Slammed was really really awesome and better but I still love Point of Retreat. ( )
  PamZaragoza | Jun 27, 2014 |

Layken and Will's relationship has endured through hardships, heartache, and a cruel twist of fate, further solidifying the fact that they belong together. But the two lovers could not have expected that the things that brought them together may ultimately be the things that tear them apart. Their connection is on the brink of being destroyed forever and it will take an extraordinary amount of willpower to keep their love afloat.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,723,033 books! | Top bar: Always visible