Point of Retreat: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

Point of Retreat: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed (2)

Member:MichelleSedeno
Title:Point of Retreat: A Novel
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:YA, new adult, contemporary, romance

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Layken and Will were a immature in this book, I’m disappointed. I loved the first book better than this book. At first, I wasn’t sure what to think of the new characters in the story – Kiersten and Shelly – but turns out I love them! The children were my favourite part of this book. Kel, Caulder, and Kiersten made me laugh so much! As usual, Colleen Hoover does an amazing job yet again! ( )
  fatimareadsbooks | Mar 10, 2015 |
Are they even the same characters? What happened in this book? Will sounds like a whiny 12 year old, and Layken is just uber annoying and childish. I really should have stopped at Slammed.

xKhuloodx | Mar 9, 2015 |
And the Story Continues!!!

Layken and Will are now on their own, following the death of Layken's mom. Layken's mom left them an amazing gift -- a jar full of tidbits of advice and the directions to take one tidbit when they really I need her help while raising the boys.

This sequel isn't quite as moving as Slammed!, and yet it is in a different sense. I'm not sure whether Layken would truly be able to keep her brother with her after their mother's passing, but setting that aside and the fact that Layken and Will behave as if they are 5-10 years older than they are supposed to be, the story is like visiting with friends that will prove to be life-long friends - the kind you'd be blessed to have if you have one for every finger on one hand!

I am impatiently waiting for Will's point of view in This Girl.

Thank you, Simon & Shuster for my Net Galley Point of Retreat ebook! ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
I Butterflying love this book. It was so happy and sad at the same time. Only Colleen can use the word butterfly the way she did. It really made me laugh. I love Kierstan's character. I can't wait to see what Colleen does for the third book. ( )
  AaminahNisa | Sep 15, 2014 |
This book was sooo cute. In fact, I think I even liked it slightly more than Slammed, if that’s even possible. I know Slammed had more plot twists and emotional meanings, but Point of Retreat was just amazing in its simplicity. In Slammed I wanted to see more of Lake and Will alone, and my wish was granted in this book, because Point of Retreat is all about them. Mostly, it made me smile, laugh and fangirl all over the place. The story still had good vibes even when their relationship was in jeopardy. I loved Will’s grandpaul and I think my favorite character was Kiersten, seriously every time she appeared and I thought I couldn’t possibly love her more, I did.

This book had it all and I think Slammed wouldn’t have been complete without it.
P.S. Thank you Colleen Hoover for giving the word butterfly (and carving pumpkins) a whole new meaning. I think I’m gonna use them all the time even if nobody else understands that it’s an inside joke (then again, I think that’s the whole point). ( )
  kairih | Aug 30, 2014 |

Layken and Will's relationship has endured through hardships, heartache, and a cruel twist of fate, further solidifying the fact that they belong together. But the two lovers could not have expected that the things that brought them together may ultimately be the things that tear them apart. Their connection is on the brink of being destroyed forever and it will take an extraordinary amount of willpower to keep their love afloat.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,256,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible