Point of Retreat: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

Point of Retreat: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed (2)

Member:MichelleSedeno
Title:Point of Retreat: A Novel
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:YA, new adult, contemporary, romance

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

It is hard to imagine someone reading a Colleen Hoover book and her not becoming their favourite author. How does she do this? This book was amazing. Not as good as Slammed I admit, but still amazing. Lake was really irritating when she wouldn't forgive Will, especially since she was angry over such trivial things. Their reunion was adorable and the storyline after was so riveting that I finished this entire book in a matter of hours. I really don't know how Hoover manages to take such a simple storyline and make it this amazing, but whatever it is I commend her for it. Her slams are absolutely amazing and I would love to read an entire book of them, maybe someone can convince her to write a book of them!
If you haven't checked out any of her books, I highly recommend it. They are absolutely amazing. ( )
  thatgirlbookworm | Aug 5, 2015 |
Oh wow! Another butterflying great book! I am honestly in love with Will Cooper! Every girl hopes to be loved the way he loves Lake. Completely and deeply. He wasn't the overbearing, ultra alpha male type but he still held an intensity that made me giddy. Sometimes I wanted to grab Lake by the arms and shake her but I did kind of see her point, maybe not to extreme that she took it though. I loved their mix match family. I truly believe that biology is not the only thing that makes a family. I also loved the relationship between the kids, friends and the neighbors. Who wouldn't want to live on their street! There were so many good moments, some that made me laugh out loud, cry out loud, and even blush a few times. Love, Love, Love it! ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
I think I just found one of my new favorite authors! I have just read read 3 books in a row by Colleen Hoover and they were all butterflying fantastic! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
It was butterflying great! I'm not big on books after the happily ever after, but I loved it as usual. great poetry. great friendships and characters you care about. Great writer. A true way with words and funny as hell ! ( )
  Alwaysmidnight | Jun 16, 2015 |
Just when I thought I could not love Colleen Hoover more, I read this book. I was afraid this would be a let down compared to Slammed, but oh mama it wasn't! This book had my emotions all twisted up and the all surprises really caught me off guard. Colleen Hoover has perfected the formula of new adult books & I can't wait to read some more of her novels! ( )
  Ericanneri | May 21, 2015 |

Layken and Will's relationship has endured through hardships, heartache, and a cruel twist of fate, further solidifying the fact that they belong together. But the two lovers could not have expected that the things that brought them together may ultimately be the things that tear them apart. Their connection is on the brink of being destroyed forever and it will take an extraordinary amount of willpower to keep their love afloat.… (more)

152 wanted4 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,073,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible