Point of Retreat: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

Point of Retreat: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed (2)

Member:MichelleSedeno
Title:Point of Retreat: A Novel
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:YA, new adult, contemporary, romance

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

First, I want to say I love Colleen Hoover! LOVE her! However, this book fell short of her talent. For as mature and developed as Lake and Will were in the first book, Slammed, I felt they digressed in this book. I understand she was trying to play up Layken's "carving pumkin" tendencies, but I was under the impression, while it's a character flaw, she had moved passed it in the first book. In tandem, I believe it can be very difficult to change point of view in a series. Many people have commented on their dislike of Will's POV for one reason or another. I think it is most difficult to write a book retelling a story that fulfills all the emotions and thoughts a reader has in the first book. I don’t think I’ve read book that yet that has done this with success. However, I will continue to read the rest of the series with This Girl because I adore Colleen Hoover. ( )
  breakingbooks | Aug 13, 2014 |
"Butterfly you" ( )
  Glire | Jul 7, 2014 |
This book is great! I love it. But I love Slammed better. Just when I thought I couldn't love Will's character more, I was wrong. I love how much he loves Lake and how he proved it to her. Let's just say that the standards and expectations I had for my future "guy" just increased a thousand fold because of Will. Haha! Anyways, Slammed was really really awesome and better but I still love Point of Retreat. ( )
  PamZaragoza | Jun 27, 2014 |
I think I love Will even more than I thought possible. I couldn't put this one down as soon as I started it. I finished it within hours.

I loved being able to see the interactions with everyone and I butterflying adore Kiersten. She was a great addition to the group. I kind out wanted to shake the heck outta Layken in this one though. Girl seriously needs to quit carving so many damn pumpkins! I missed Julia big time. More than I thought I would. But there were so many times that she was needed. I was so glad for the stars. Once again Colleen Hoover has made me laugh and cry with one of her stories. The Slams were great and pulled at my heart again in this one, maybe even more than they did in Slammed. Another 5 read! ( )
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |
I started this book a couple hrs ago , I was so sucked into it because of the first one and I had to see what happened ... This book was BUTTERFLYING amazing!! Seriously!!!!! I laughed so hard with all the butterfly references through out the whole damn book .

Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart.

Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.

“If I were a carpenter, I would build you a window to my soul. But I would leave that window shut and locked, so that every time you tried to look through it all you would see is your own reflection. You would see that my soul is a reflection of you.”

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WILL .. he had so much to offer and he was so grown up about the whole thing . yes I was upset when he thought keeping Vaugh from Lake was the right thing to do , but he also owned up to it when he realized the mistake that he made . I LOVED him in this one as much as I did the first one if not more ... he matured alot in this book . It was a nice change by being in Will's feet. I'd get to see Lake in his perspective,how and why he loved her,and to know him better.

"Lake, you mean the world to me. You brought so much to my life..right when I needed it the most. I wish you could know how hopeless I was before I met you, so you would realize just how much you've changed me."

I loved Lake and he actually questioning why Will loved her . I know it was hard for her to do . But I understand why she did what she did , she wanted to make sure that HE did truly love her and just did not feel bad for her in her situation .

Will's and Lake's relationship were tested in this book not only once. And once again, I smiled, laughed, and..cried reading this. I felt the true love between them and their joy by having each other. They definitely grew more in love with this book.

Definitely a must read ... amazing, with all the love, crying , laughing all wrapped into one book ....
  Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |

Layken and Will's relationship has endured through hardships, heartache, and a cruel twist of fate, further solidifying the fact that they belong together. But the two lovers could not have expected that the things that brought them together may ultimately be the things that tear them apart. Their connection is on the brink of being destroyed forever and it will take an extraordinary amount of willpower to keep their love afloat.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,367,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible