The Siren (The Original Sinners) by Tiffany…

The Siren (The Original Sinners) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Tiffany Reisz

Member:AuthorMarion
Title:The Siren (The Original Sinners)
Authors:Tiffany Reisz
Info:Harlequin MIRA (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 432 pages
Rating:***
Tags:BDSM, erotica, personal-demons

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz (2012)

4.5 stars

I really liked this book. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. I had become sort of burned out on super erotic and or BDSM type reads so I put this one off because I thought it was just another one of those. It so isn't. It has those elements, but they work so well within this story. Nora is very interesting. I so want to know more about Søren. He has my interest in a major way. I felt really sorry for Wesley, poor sweet boy. I will continue this series because I need more Søren. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
4.5 stars

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
I tried to find something good in this, but I was bored out of my mind. I can't be bothered to finish it. ( )
  tamarah71 | Sep 5, 2016 |

*Book source ~ Gifted

Nora Sutherlin is a notorious writer of steamy erotica and she’s trying to get her newest book published with respectable publisher, Royal House Publishing. She wants their best editor, the young and handsome British fuddy duddy Zach Easton, to edit her book, but he wants nothing to do with the purveyor of smut. However, they strike a deal and if he likes her book by the time she’s rewritten it and he’s edited it then he’ll sign her contract. But there’s more going on in both their lives than just a book. Who will be the victor in this butting of heads?

This book had been on my TBR since 2012 and while I was intrigued enough to stick it on that shelf there was always something telling me I wouldn’t like it so I kept pushing it further down the list. At the urging of friends who loved it and a gifted copy I decided to give it a go.

It started off pretty good. I liked all the characters, the writing was great and there was some mystery and witty dialogue. And then Nora does some shit that I find reprehensible. On top of that, she can’t seem to have a normal conversation. Everything out of her mouth, and I mean everything, is some kind of sexual reference or innuendo and frankly it got so incredibly tedious I wanted to just slap some duct tape over her mouth for the rest of the book. Or maybe sew her lips shut since she loves pain so damn much.

I started out hating Søren and liking everyone else, but by the end of the book Søren was the only true-to-himself character and everyone else were just fucked up liars. I would never be friends with Søren, but at least he was honest. Oh, and don’t get me started on the “twist” to Nora’s story. Can I just say how moronic it was and leave it at that? I rolled my eyes so hard I thought they would fall out of my head, roll across the floor and the cats would bat them around for fun. I’m done. Do I need to say I will not be continuing with this series? I’m so disillusioned I’m not even sure I want to try anything else by this new-to-me author. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Jun 8, 2016 |
This book was really good, can't wait to start The Angel :) ( )
  crisana | Jun 2, 2016 |

Notorious Nora Sutherlin is famous for her delicious works of erotica, each one more popular with readers than the last. But her latest manuscript is different—more serious, more personal—and she's sure it'll be her breakout book…if it ever sees the light of day.

Zachary Easton holds Nora's fate in his well-manicured hands. The demanding British editor agrees to handle the book on one condition: he wants complete control. Nora must rewrite the entire novel to his exacting standards—in six weeks—or it's no deal.

Nora's grueling writing sessions with Zach are draining…and shockingly arousing. And a dangerous former lover has her wondering which is more torturous—staying away from him…or returning to his bed?

Nora thought she knew everything about being pushed to your limits. But in a world where passion is pain, nothing is ever that simple.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:10 -0400)

In a world where passion is pain, nothing is ever simple. Nora Sutherlin is famous for her delicious works of erotica. But British editor Zachary Easton holds Nora's fate in his well-manicured hands, and she must rewrite her newest novel to his exacting standard, in just six weeks. Nora's grueling writing sessions with Zach are draining... and shockingly arousing...… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,842,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible