The Siren (The Original Sinners) by Tiffany…

The Siren (The Original Sinners) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Tiffany Reisz

2193353,142 (4.23)7
Member:AuthorMarion
Title:The Siren (The Original Sinners)
Authors:Tiffany Reisz
Info:Harlequin MIRA (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 432 pages
Rating:***
Tags:BDSM, erotica, personal-demons

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz (2012)

Complicated. Amazing. Page turner. SLOW burn. One Hot Mystery! So many words to describe this whole series. I can't say too much without getting into it because I will go on and on and give it all away! There are a few story lines that we follow and the author weaves them together like the best basket weaver! She cuts to a different character right at the moment when you think you might die if you don't find out whats going to happen! She builds their lives so they are all beautifully flawed and intertwines them so they fit together to make the perfect puzzle.

This is not your your main stream Fifty Shades of Gray erotica type book. There is an amazing story behind the sex in this series. The sex is back drop, even though its amazing also. I did not cringe once in the whole four books. There are no sex scenes that are thrown in the because the author is pleasing the reader. No, this author clearly wrote what is true to her heart and not just to get readers.

At the end of the day, after all the drama, mystery and sex, this is a love story. Remember that old adage-The heart wants what the heart wants? Thats this story. READ THE WHOLE SERIES! You have to read all 4 books to get the whole picture and you won't regret it!

warning: this is erotica. there is sex. hard sex. beating sex. threesomes. male/female. male/male. virgin/dom. i don't ever read male/male because its just not my cup of tea, but i read all the parts in these books and it didn't bother me or make me cringe.

You can check this review and many others at Central Picks!

ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |
Al fin algo distinto en el gènero del BDSM!!!
Aire fresco , doña . Lo recomiendo totalmente (Obviamente para aquellos a quienes les interesa el tema). Sino , abstenganse. ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
What to call this? Character-driven erotic romance? Fifty Shades of Grey for readers who recognize a sentence when they see one? (Too harsh?) Whevs: it was a good story.

Nora is a dominatrix and a writer of erotica, and she's famous for both (in different, if slightly overlapping, circles). Her latest book is of a more literary bent, and it's been picked up by a New York publishing house hoping to hit the sweet spot between sophisticated fiction and best seller. However, Zach, the editor assigned to the project, is less than enthused. He concedes there might be something to the book, but challenges Nora to rewrite the whole thing under his direction, hoping this will scare her off. It doesn't; things ensue.

Sounds like a romance plot, and it is . . . but it also isn't. The Siren is what it is but also displays a pretty sophisticated understanding of what it is and plays around with it. It's hard to tell sometimes who the hero is--Zach or Nora--because the novel is fully interested in the emotional life of each. The story doesn't really follow the romance formula (things might work out as you expect them to, but not as you would expect them to in a romance novel), and the novel is much more invested in what makes its characters tick than in getting them together. The BDSM is there because it's important to the characters and to understanding them, and Reisz gets that BDSM doesn't equal abuse (a memo E.L. James seems to have missed). If most romance fiction answers the question "Will they/how will they get together?" The Siren seems more interested in exploring "Will they/how will they be okay?"

Not for everyone, I'd wager, what with its graphic sex scenes and unflinching portrayal of BDSM, but at heart a satisfying story about love. ( )
  lycomayflower | Feb 12, 2015 |
Wow. I don't even really know where to begin. I have to say, author Tiffany Reisz has blown me away. I devoured The Siren (The Original Sinners) one weekend, leaving my housework undone as I eagerly turned the pages, needing to know what came next, yet wishing the book would not end.

Tiffany Reisz's style of storytelling is fantastic. How does she do that? I just do not know, but thank you Miss Reisz. The Siren is a story about an erotic fiction writer and the men in her life, with a dose of S&M added for good measure.
The writing was fantastic. So many lines and passages I had to go back and read again. These characters are flawed and multi dimensional, they jump right off the pages.
"If only there were more yesterdays instead of so many todays."
p.122 The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

The story follows writer thirty something Nora Sutherlin, who is known for her steamy erotic fiction. Enter gorgeous, yet tortured Brit Zachary Easton, editor for Royal House Publishing, who agrees to edit her latest steamy book. He gives Nora six weeks of his time, if the book is good Nora gets a contract with Royal. Zach is drawn to Nora, he finds her mysterious and charming. What he does not know is that Nora is also a Dominatrix to some very wealthy clients as a side gig and that she harbors some very dark secrets.

On top of that Nora's live is assistant, nineteen year old Wesley, is in love with her. Also, Nora was in a Dom/sub relationship with Soren, who is the great lost love of her life. Soren got Nora into the S&M lifestyle. This lifestyle is not glamorized here, the author takes you to dark places as you read about Soren and Nora especially. She comes home bruised after her encounters with the sadist. Again, Tiffany Reisz has a way of telling the story where although some scenes were uncomfortable to read, I could not stop reading. These people are in this lifestyle by consent, that's another part of it as the dark underground lifestyle of BDSM plays heavily here. Nora's clients are both men and women and she is always in total control.

What I liked about Nora is that she is a strong character, she's empowered and as I read I believed it. What I did not like about Nora is that while she is a strong female lead, she tends to use the men in her life, toy with them even. As the book progressed, I began to dislike her actions when it came to the way she was treating her love interests. This is especially true of her interactions with Wesley. And what I really liked, is that Soren is the one who points this out to her. Her behavior is shocking and appalling, but the author just lays it all out there, no sugar coating anything.

The storyline goes from Nora/Wesley, Nora/Zach and Nora/Soren. It all gets messy, it gets real, there are twists and turns I was not expecting. This is a dark story with damaged characters.

The author weaves Catholicism into the storyline seamlessly. She left me breathless, stunned, made me laugh and kept me glued to these pages. Reisz pushed me out of my comfort zone here, and I willingly let her.
I also loved that the main character is a writer and as you read, you get to see her writing her novel and you get to see Zach editing it.
"Romance is sex plus love. Erotica is sex plus fear."
p.29 The Siren

This book was an emotional roller coaster ride. It's one of those reads that when you are done with, you just sit and think about. I gobbled up these 400 plus pages in two days and I had a major book hangover once it was all over. I will be reading the rest of the series! I need to know why Nora and Soren are the way they are.

disclaimer: I purchased my copy of The Siren, this review is my honest opinion. ( )
  bookworm_naida | Dec 29, 2014 |
This book was a roller coaster for me. I found myself loving it and being totally appalled in a matter of chapters. I loved the writing, the characters, and the diversity of the wounds that each of the characters carried around. I also enjoyed the fact that this novel is not happily ever after and roses and rainbows. It had a Megan Hart feel to it, if you enjoy her work this book will be for you.

Let's dive in. The characters are truly what made this story so amazing. Nora in her own right is such a strong yet fragile women and Ms. Reisz isn't afraid to take her to the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. In this book I have to say that Wesley is my favorite character. Maybe because he is closest to my age so I understand his plight and fight with his emotions and hormones when it comes to Nora. He makes the story so much better but I wish he would have had a better ending. The series will continue so maybe he will.

The skeeve level in this book is large for me. There are inappropriate relationships every single way you look at these characters. Nora and Wesley, Nora and Zach, Nora and Soren...and it continues as the pages turn. I was uncomfortable a lot through this book and I almost stopped reading when Nora got her "present" from Soren but I pushed through and I didn't regret it. Does the way Ms. Reisz turn the relationships make them any more appropriate, I don't know, but I promise you that if you read this book there will be something that puts you on edge.

The writing in this book is amazing. Ms Reisz definitely has command of her vocabulary and writing skills on so many levels. I enjoyed reading this novel for it's vivid descriptions and complete command of the prose just as much as I did for the actual book. If you love to ride the edge of erotica then this book is for you. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |

Notorious Nora Sutherlin is famous for her delicious works of erotica, each one more popular with readers than the last. But her latest manuscript is different—more serious, more personal—and she's sure it'll be her breakout book…if it ever sees the light of day.

Zachary Easton holds Nora's fate in his well-manicured hands. The demanding British editor agrees to handle the book on one condition: he wants complete control. Nora must rewrite the entire novel to his exacting standards—in six weeks—or it's no deal.

Nora's grueling writing sessions with Zach are draining…and shockingly arousing. And a dangerous former lover has her wondering which is more torturous—staying away from him…or returning to his bed?

Nora thought she knew everything about being pushed to your limits. But in a world where passion is pain, nothing is ever that simple.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:10 -0400)

In a world where passion is pain, nothing is ever simple. Nora Sutherlin is famous for her delicious works of erotica. But British editor Zachary Easton holds Nora's fate in his well-manicured hands, and she must rewrite her newest novel to his exacting standard, in just six weeks. Nora's grueling writing sessions with Zach are draining... and shockingly arousing...… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,104,996 books! | Top bar: Always visible