NYPD Red by James Patterson

Info:Grand Central Publishing (2013), Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Read, Read but unowned
Rating:***

NYPD Red by James Patterson

I don't know if I've changed as a reader or Patterson has changed as a writer but I am not enjoying his books as I used to. I've not expected great writing, but Patterson has always been able to provide an enjoyable story at a face pace and this was just the opposite. Drudgery and boring until the final quarter of the book where then things make a bit more sense and move along a bit speedier. With enough decent series out there I think I'll take a pass on future books in this series. ( )
  debavp | Dec 15, 2016 |
A typical James Patterson book with a crazy person and smart and entertaining cops. It's fast-paced storyline keeps you on your toes. This can be a quick read if you have a quiet, rainy Saturday afternoon with nothing to do. I'm looking forward to the next installment of this series. Very enjoyable book. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
Patterson is up to his usual fast-paced, tightly woven story. There is a little romance but not a single sex scene, and even the romance is downplayed. All action, all the time. The writing style reads a tiny bit like Dresden Files, but not too badly. I look forward to reading about these characters throughout the series. ( )
  RecklessReader | Jan 24, 2016 |
Parts of this story felt like the sale James Patterson, but others were solid story. This novel isn't anything special, but not a waste of time either...a perfect beach read.
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
I have read well over four thousand books since I began listing them, so it is fair to say that I have probably several that are worse than this one, though none leap to mind just at the moment.

I know that James Patterson has been immensely prolific and commercially successful, selling millions of books around the world. Indeed, 'James Patterson' is now really a brand, and he tends to work with collaborators, producing a synopsis of a storyline which a co-writer will then flesh out into a complete novel. I am therefore unsure whether it it Patterson or Marshal Karp who is more to blame for this miserable excrescence of a novel.

The characters are barely even two dimensional and the plots shows absolutely no shame, with no police story cliché knowingly overlooked. I am glad I read this on my Kindle as it would be an outrage for decent trees to have been sacrificed for such unrelenting pap. ( )
  Eyejaybee | Aug 30, 2015 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Karp, Marshallmain authorall editionsconfirmed

It's the start of Hollywood on Hudson, and New York City is swept up in the glamour. Every night, the red carpet rolls out for movie stars arriving at premieres in limos; the most exclusive restaurants close for private parties for wealthy producers and preeminent directors; and thousands of fans gather with the paparazzi, hoping to catch a glimpse of the most famous and beautiful faces in the world. With this many celebrities in town, special task force NYPD Red is on high alert-and they can't afford to make a single mistake.

Then a world-renowned producer fatally collapses at his power breakfast, and top NYPD Red Detective Zach Jordan is the first one on the scene. Zach works with his beautiful new partner, Detective Kylie MacDonald-who also happens to be his ex-girlfriend-to discover who the murderer might be. But this is only the beginning: the most brutal, public, and horrifyingly spectacular crimes they've ever encountered are about to send all of New York into chaos, putting NYPD Red on the ropes.

Zach and Kylie know there's no way of telling what a killer this deranged will do next. With the whole world watching, they have to find a way to stop a psychopath who has scripted his finale down to the last explosive detail.

Detective Zach Jordan investigates a series of brutal, public crimes that coincide with the arrival of dozens of glamorous celebrities in town for parties and premieres.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,240,755 books! | Top bar: Always visible