Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu

Prodigy: A Legend Novel (edition 2013)

by Marie Lu

Series: Legend (2)

Title:Prodigy: A Legend Novel
Authors:Marie Lu
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:Young Adult, Dystopian

Prodigy by Marie Lu

English (100)  German (1)  All languages (101)
Usually a middle book of a trilogy just brings the story along and doesn't seem to have too much to offer with excitement and insight. At least that's what I've seen lately. Not with Prodigy, there is a lot of action, fights, nail biting for the reader and sadness. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next one! ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
Liked this one much more than Legend. But how irritating were all of the (parentheses)? ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
It's been a long time since I read Legend, but I remember being blown away by it, then all my attempts to get into Prodigy failed and I thought I was suffering from a reading slump. It turns out Prodigy just wasn't all that good. Day and June were boring characters. Tess was sweet but unexceptional. In fact, the only character I found particularly interesting was Kaede and she died. There were moments where the characters seemed stilted, and moments where what they were doing just didn't make any sense (Day is practically dying from pain in his infected leg, then June sits in his good leg and they start making out.) Day and June's relationship doesn't feel real, and the scenario of the plot is similar to all the other YA dystopic society book. It did get interesting in the last one and a half hours of a ten hour audiobook. Because the small snippet of interesting plot I will probably give Champion a try. ( )
  NicoleSch | Jun 14, 2016 |
This is the second book in the Legend series by Marie Lu and I loved it. It was one of those books that make you hate and love it at the same time. So if you haven't read Legend Yet you might not want to read this review. For those who have read Legend there isn't any spoilers.
This book is obvious fiction and takes place in the future when America as we know it no longer exists. There has been numerous flooding and disease that wipes out many humans and a large portion of America is now under water. Young Day is injured with June helping him and they are on the track of trying to find Day's little brother. With his injury and the Republic searching for them, they need help. The Rebels agree to help them but only if they help the rebels with their next plot.
Day and June are forced to decide who to trust and discover what is really going on and they must decide what side they are on before it is too late.
I loved this second installment of the Legend Series. I was kept guessing with each new development. The way that the character's interact makes a little more sense in this book, in my opinion, than in the first one, however, I still had a hard time thinking of the characters as young as they were supposed to be. Something about the way that they spoke and acted did not make me think of teenagers. However that being said I do realize that they have lived through a lot more than the average teen.
stephanietiner.weebly.com ( )
  Stephergiggles | Jun 13, 2016 |
Good second book!!!

I really enjoyed this book. It was not one that I couldn't put down but the story was interesting. I appreciated that it was clean and would let my teens read it one day. ( )
  cool-mom-e | May 7, 2016 |
Day jolts awake beside me.

June and Day make their way to Las Vegas where they join the rebel Patriot group and become involved in an assassination plot against the Elector in hopes of saving the Republic.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,700,049 books! | Top bar: Always visible