Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu

Prodigy: A Legend Novel (edition 2013)

by Marie Lu

Authors:Marie Lu
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:Young Adult, Dystopian

Prodigy by Marie Lu

English (94)  German (1)  All languages (95)
This was a well written sequel to a good (and a bit formulaic) dystopian series. There is a lot of conspiracy and government rebellion that makes for action-packed sequences. There is also a not-to-overbearing romantic storyline that stresses the Romeo and Juliet nature of Day and June’s growing relationship. Day is from the streets and June is from the wealthy government lifestyle. I liked that we got to visit the Colonies in this book. I think what held me up from enjoying this book as much as Legend is the faceless villain in the government. I wanted an actual person(s) to see as the threat in the story and I never really got that. I found this book suffered a bit from middle book syndrome, however there is a dramatic ending that will make you want to read the conclusion to this series. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
Despite the action in this book, I just couldn't engage with it. I found the first half particularly slow and June annoyed me most of the time. The ending, however, was a cliff-hanger, but without giving anything away, all I can say is: really? ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
Excellent sequel to Legend! This is one of those rare examples where the sequel is as good as or even better than the first book! A great dystopian series to recommend! ( )
  saillergirl | Jan 18, 2016 |
Day jolts awake beside me.

June and Day make their way to Las Vegas where they join the rebel Patriot group and become involved in an assassination plot against the Elector in hopes of saving the Republic.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,155,440 books! | Top bar: Always visible