Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu

Prodigy: A Legend Novel (edition 2013)

by Marie Lu

Title:Prodigy: A Legend Novel
Authors:Marie Lu
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:Young Adult, Dystopian

Prodigy by Marie Lu

English (85)  German (1)  All languages (86)
A very exciting and suspenseful sequel to Legend. June and Day must join up with the rebel faction the "Patriots" in order to get medical care and to have any chance of rescuing Day's younger brother from wherever he is being held. But they have to make a deal: they promise to help the Patriots assassinate the new Elector Primo! (Kind of like the dictator of the Republic) Just as they've resigned themselves to this difficult task, going undercover in the Republic army, they both come to realize there is more going on under the surface. This entry in the series continues the romance, although Day and June have many obstacles in their way, and reasons to doubt each others' love. I also enjoyed getting to know more about the history of the Republic/Colonies split. The politics angle is discussed just enough to keep your interest and not glaze your eyes over. :-) And of course, we end on a cliffhanger because there is a book 3 coming. ( )
  GoldieBug | Sep 19, 2015 |
I tried...i really did, but for the life of me i couldn't get into it.

I found myself spacing out and having to consciously try and focus on a novel. Whenever that happens it's not good.

Came at the point where June and Day meet the Patriots, and marveled at the ease the Republic biggest enemy simply divulges all their plans at the bat of an eyelid, without any concern for their safety.

The first novel was interesting enough after it took it forever to get started. The plot was so slow moving i started growing moss on my eyelids...

So when faced with the same dilemma again, i chose to go down the 'fuck it- life is too short' route.
  IvieHill | Aug 6, 2015 |
I take off my hat to Marie Lu for this extraordinary and jaw dropping sequel. Wow! Thinking back to the time when I refused to read the Legend series because I thought it would be just another YA dystopian, I realize what an idiot I was. I was truly missing out!

Prodigy is my favorite book out of this trilogy. The world building that the first book was lacking is explained in this book in such specific detail that I was left in awe. I admire Lu for her ability to not only develop her world flawlessly but also her characters.

Speaking of her characters... AHHHHHHHHHH!

They were so perfect, so real, so pleasant to read about; I was emotionally connected to them and therefore felt everything each character felt in such a realistic way that I felt as if I was being stabbed repeatedly. The characters were badass and at the same time vulnerable beyond belief which in a way worked extremely well. As rare as it is, I loved every single character equally. Each character knew how to manage themselves in all the crazy situations they were thrown in and I found myself at the edge of my seat during the majority of the book. It felt like I was watching an action movie but instead the action came in words and it was just as nerve-wracking.

Prodigy was heart-wrenching and I no longer know what to do or how to live with myself.
I need help. I loved this book so much.
It was:
  mararina | Jul 23, 2015 |
  hadeer | Jul 9, 2015 |
I nearly tripped trying to get this book when it first came out, not that I'm at all graceful, I put tripping over a pencil mark in a new and dangerous light.

I was not disappointed with this book, it had me gripped from the start and never let me go, in truth it still has a wicket hold on me, especially with that ending He gets a report saying he's going to die, after all that bullshit! What the hell man! .

I have yet to read the third and final book. I'm taking my sweet time because I don't want this ride to be over just yet. I'm a sucker like that, right now there’s about 5 different books series that I have yet to read the last and final book to. I simply don't want to say goodbye, not yet, I'm not ready.

I hate my brain sometimes.

Please read and enjoy this book, it will pull at those heart strings you have deemed cold and useless and will tie you up, only for them to shatter at the end with you going, When in flaming hell just happened!

Tell next time.

Don't stop being Awesom! ( )
  E.A.Walsh | Jun 11, 2015 |
Day jolts awake beside me.

June and Day make their way to Las Vegas where they join the rebel Patriot group and become involved in an assassination plot against the Elector in hopes of saving the Republic.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,712,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible