Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu

Prodigy: A Legend Novel (edition 2013)

by Marie Lu

Member:elissa_kay
Title:Prodigy: A Legend Novel
Authors:Marie Lu
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:Young Adult, Dystopian

Prodigy by Marie Lu

English (101)  German (1)  All (102)
This is the second book in the Legend series. I quite liked the first book, but not so much this one. There seems to be a prevailing theme in these young adult, dystopian series. Boy and girl from different social cohorts meet and fall in love, but are torn between where they belong/who they belong with and what their heart feels. I am also getting very tired of love triangles too. This book is OK, but nothing unique or spectacular. ( )
  MinDea | Mar 1, 2017 |
It's been a long time since I read Legend, but I remember being blown away by it, then all my attempts to get into Prodigy failed and I thought I was suffering from a reading slump. It turns out Prodigy just wasn't all that good. Day and June were boring characters. Tess was sweet but unexceptional. In fact, the only character I found particularly interesting was Kaede and she died. There were moments where the characters seemed stilted, and moments where what they were doing just didn't make any sense (Day is practically dying from pain in his infected leg, then June sits in his good leg and they start making out.) Day and June's relationship doesn't feel real, and the scenario of the plot is similar to all the other YA dystopic society book. It did get interesting in the last one and a half hours of a ten hour audiobook. Because the small snippet of interesting plot I will probably give Champion a try. ( )
  NicoleSch | Feb 26, 2017 |
Great sequel to a great series. I still won't say it is Hunger Games good but it is definitely worth the read. ( )
  annabw | Feb 21, 2017 |
Usually a middle book of a trilogy just brings the story along and doesn't seem to have too much to offer with excitement and insight. At least that's what I've seen lately. Not with Prodigy, there is a lot of action, fights, nail biting for the reader and sadness. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next one! ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
Liked this one much more than Legend. But how irritating were all of the (parentheses)? ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
Day jolts awake beside me.
Not part of the Claudy Conn Legend series.

June and Day make their way to Las Vegas where they join the rebel Patriot group and become involved in an assassination plot against the Elector in hopes of saving the Republic.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,851,447 books! | Top bar: Always visible