Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu

Prodigy: A Legend Novel (edition 2013)

by Marie Lu

Member:elissa_kay
Title:Prodigy: A Legend Novel
Authors:Marie Lu
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:Young Adult, Dystopian

Prodigy by Marie Lu

English (95)  German (1)  All languages (96)
I really enjoyed this 2nd book in the Legend series. We get a bit more action than in the first book, and we get to see more about the Patriots and the Colonies. I enjoyed seeing both June and Day's perspective and opinions on how their lives are changing. I will warn readers that there is somewhat of a cliffhanger at this one so you will want to have the 3rd book ready to read soon. I'm disappointed in the decision that Day makes at the end of the book and I'm very curious to see how that pans out in book 3. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
This is the second book in the Legend series by Marie Lu and I loved it. It was one of those books that make you hate and love it at the same time. So if you haven't read Legend Yet you might not want to read this review. For those who have read Legend there isn't any spoilers.
This book is obvious fiction and takes place in the future when America as we know it no longer exists. There has been numerous flooding and disease that wipes out many humans and a large portion of America is now under water. Young Day is injured with June helping him and they are on the track of trying to find Day's little brother. With his injury and the Republic searching for them, they need help. The Rebels agree to help them but only if they help the rebels with their next plot.
Day and June are forced to decide who to trust and discover what is really going on and they must decide what side they are on before it is too late.
I loved this second installment of the Legend Series. I was kept guessing with each new development. The way that the character's interact makes a little more sense in this book, in my opinion, than in the first one, however, I still had a hard time thinking of the characters as young as they were supposed to be. Something about the way that they spoke and acted did not make me think of teenagers. However that being said I do realize that they have lived through a lot more than the average teen.
  Stephergiggles | Feb 14, 2016 |
This was a well written sequel to a good (and a bit formulaic) dystopian series. There is a lot of conspiracy and government rebellion that makes for action-packed sequences. There is also a not-to-overbearing romantic storyline that stresses the Romeo and Juliet nature of Day and June’s growing relationship. Day is from the streets and June is from the wealthy government lifestyle. I liked that we got to visit the Colonies in this book. I think what held me up from enjoying this book as much as Legend is the faceless villain in the government. I wanted an actual person(s) to see as the threat in the story and I never really got that. I found this book suffered a bit from middle book syndrome, however there is a dramatic ending that will make you want to read the conclusion to this series. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
Despite the action in this book, I just couldn't engage with it. I found the first half particularly slow and June annoyed me most of the time. The ending, however, was a cliff-hanger, but without giving anything away, all I can say is: really? ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
Day jolts awake beside me.

June and Day make their way to Las Vegas where they join the rebel Patriot group and become involved in an assassination plot against the Elector in hopes of saving the Republic.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,254,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible