Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu

Prodigy: A Legend Novel (edition 2013)

by Marie Lu

Member:elissa_kay
Title:Prodigy: A Legend Novel
Authors:Marie Lu
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:Young Adult, Dystopian

Prodigy by Marie Lu

English (79)  German (1)  All languages (80)
A good sequel, well worth the read. Now to get stuck into the final part. ( )
  MathewBridle | May 4, 2015 |
This is book 2 in the Legend series. I enjoyed the way the story played out. The addition of Anden as a main character worked well. He’s likable, and causes some nice love-triangle vibes. It will be interesting to see what happens in the last book — especially with the huge plot twist that was thrown out there at the end of the book! Yikes!!

There was more insight as to the political workings of the age in this book than there was in Legend. There were some nice plot twists, and the book moved quickly. The characters of Day and June both continued to develop. Some of the feelings that stemmed from their history are brought to the surface. I feel like Day’s character in particular grew quite a lot.

As far as reading with my parent goggles, I was slightly disappointed with the small turn in morality that I felt was present in the first book. There are some references to a homosexual relationship and there is a pretty steamy scene in a bathroom — enough to make me question recommending the series to my daughter.

Would I recommend this to fellow book lovers? Yes.
Would I recommend that to my teen daughter? Probably not.
  lauraodom | Apr 16, 2015 |
I should know better than to begin a trilogy without all parts published. Now, I have to wait until November to figure out how Miss Lu is going to being June and Day back together. I just can't accept the doctor's diagnosis for Day!!!

Fans of YA dystopian societies, including Hunger Games, Divergent, The Maze Runner and the like, if you haven't discovered the Legend series, by all means, Go! Find! Read!!! ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
this book is better than the first. i loved it so much! ( )
  ohkamikaze | Feb 11, 2015 |
This book was just amazing. This book keeps you interested. Never a dull moment. Action and suspense to rival anything else you have read. And the ending was simply fantastic. Im eagerly waiting for the final installment to this incredible trilogy. ( )
  JosP | Jan 26, 2015 |
Day jolts awake beside me.

June and Day make their way to Las Vegas where they join the rebel Patriot group and become involved in an assassination plot against the Elector in hopes of saving the Republic.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,259,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible