Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu

Prodigy: A Legend Novel (edition 2013)

by Marie Lu

Member:elissa_kay
Title:Prodigy: A Legend Novel
Authors:Marie Lu
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:Young Adult, Dystopian

Prodigy by Marie Lu

English (83)  German (1)  All languages (84)
I take off my hat to Marie Lu for this extraordinary and jaw dropping sequel. Wow! Thinking back to the time when I refused to read the Legend series because I thought it would be just another YA dystopian, I realize what an idiot I was. I was truly missing out!

Prodigy is my favorite book out of this trilogy. The world building that the first book was lacking is explained in this book in such specific detail that I was left in awe. I admire Lu for her ability to not only develop her world flawlessly but also her characters.

Speaking of her characters... AHHHHHHHHHH!

They were so perfect, so real, so pleasant to read about; I was emotionally connected to them and therefore felt everything each character felt in such a realistic way that I felt as if I was being stabbed repeatedly. The characters were badass and at the same time vulnerable beyond belief which in a way worked extremely well. As rare as it is, I loved every single character equally. Each character knew how to manage themselves in all the crazy situations they were thrown in and I found myself at the edge of my seat during the majority of the book. It felt like I was watching an action movie but instead the action came in words and it was just as nerve-wracking.

Prodigy was heart-wrenching and I no longer know what to do or how to live with myself.
I need help. I loved this book so much.
It was:
  mararina | Jul 23, 2015 |
  hadeer | Jul 9, 2015 |
I nearly tripped trying to get this book when it first came out, not that I'm at all graceful, I put tripping over a pencil mark in a new and dangerous light.

I was not disappointed with this book, it had me gripped from the start and never let me go, in truth it still has a wicket hold on me, especially with that ending He gets a report saying he's going to die, after all that bullshit! What the hell man! .

I have yet to read the third and final book. I'm taking my sweet time because I don't want this ride to be over just yet. I'm a sucker like that, right now there’s about 5 different books series that I have yet to read the last and final book to. I simply don't want to say goodbye, not yet, I'm not ready.

I hate my brain sometimes.

Please read and enjoy this book, it will pull at those heart strings you have deemed cold and useless and will tie you up, only for them to shatter at the end with you going, When in flaming hell just happened!

Tell next time.

Don't stop being Awesom! ( )
  E.A.Walsh | Jun 11, 2015 |
3.5 (Liked it a lot)

I wanted to read Prodigy because I really enjoyed the characters of Day and June in Legend as well as their romance. They were dealing with a dystopian government and even though June had been their golden girl, the death and truths surrounding her brother has made her question everything she though she knew.

I was submersed in the story that begins right where Legend ends. Seeing them have to make hard decisions and deal with a government that is unstable and changing day to day. They join up with the Patriots even though they didn't want to at first, but they buy into some of their goals.

Lots happens in Prodigy and it kept me guessing and trying to figure out who I should be trusting. It was action packed and full of surprises. Not only from plot twists, but also people that it turned out are trust worthy and sincere and who is a traitor.

It was hard to read at times because Day and June are separated some, and they have to make decisions and judgement calls. Some of their actions cause the other to doubt them. It brings out their fears about themselves and each other, and it makes those against their relationship sound like they might actually know what they are talking about.

I liked this one and will def be reading the last one. This was just missing some of the romance of the first and I think that is why its not rated similarly.

Bottom Line: Good sequel, lots of action. A bit sad about them second guessing each other, and as a result not as much romance as first. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | Jun 4, 2015 |
A good sequel, well worth the read. Now to get stuck into the final part. ( )
  MathewBridle | May 4, 2015 |
Day jolts awake beside me.

June and Day make their way to Las Vegas where they join the rebel Patriot group and become involved in an assassination plot against the Elector in hopes of saving the Republic.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,418,657 books! | Top bar: Always visible