Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu

Prodigy: A Legend Novel (edition 2013)

by Marie Lu

Member:elissa_kay
Title:Prodigy: A Legend Novel
Authors:Marie Lu
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:Young Adult, Dystopian

Prodigy by Marie Lu

English (81)  German (1)  All languages (82)
I nearly tripped trying to get this book when it first came out, not that I'm at all graceful, I put tripping over a pencil mark in a new and dangerous light.

I was not disappointed with this book, it had me gripped from the start and never let me go, in truth it still has a wicket hold on me, especially with that ending He gets a report saying he's going to die, after all that bullshit! What the hell man! .

I have yet to read the third and final book. I'm taking my sweet time because I don't want this ride to be over just yet. I'm a sucker like that, right now there’s about 5 different books series that I have yet to read the last and final book to. I simply don't want to say goodbye, not yet, I'm not ready.

I hate my brain sometimes.

Please read and enjoy this book, it will pull at those heart strings you have deemed cold and useless and will tie you up, only for them to shatter at the end with you going, When in flaming hell just happened!

Tell next time.

Don't stop being Awesom! ( )
  E.A.Walsh | Jun 11, 2015 |
3.5 (Liked it a lot)

I wanted to read Prodigy because I really enjoyed the characters of Day and June in Legend as well as their romance. They were dealing with a dystopian government and even though June had been their golden girl, the death and truths surrounding her brother has made her question everything she though she knew.

I was submersed in the story that begins right where Legend ends. Seeing them have to make hard decisions and deal with a government that is unstable and changing day to day. They join up with the Patriots even though they didn't want to at first, but they buy into some of their goals.

Lots happens in Prodigy and it kept me guessing and trying to figure out who I should be trusting. It was action packed and full of surprises. Not only from plot twists, but also people that it turned out are trust worthy and sincere and who is a traitor.

It was hard to read at times because Day and June are separated some, and they have to make decisions and judgement calls. Some of their actions cause the other to doubt them. It brings out their fears about themselves and each other, and it makes those against their relationship sound like they might actually know what they are talking about.

I liked this one and will def be reading the last one. This was just missing some of the romance of the first and I think that is why its not rated similarly.

Bottom Line: Good sequel, lots of action. A bit sad about them second guessing each other, and as a result not as much romance as first. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | Jun 4, 2015 |
A good sequel, well worth the read. Now to get stuck into the final part. ( )
  MathewBridle | May 4, 2015 |
This is book 2 in the Legend series. I enjoyed the way the story played out. The addition of Anden as a main character worked well. He’s likable, and causes some nice love-triangle vibes. It will be interesting to see what happens in the last book — especially with the huge plot twist that was thrown out there at the end of the book! Yikes!!

There was more insight as to the political workings of the age in this book than there was in Legend. There were some nice plot twists, and the book moved quickly. The characters of Day and June both continued to develop. Some of the feelings that stemmed from their history are brought to the surface. I feel like Day’s character in particular grew quite a lot.

As far as reading with my parent goggles, I was slightly disappointed with the small turn in morality that I felt was present in the first book. There are some references to a homosexual relationship and there is a pretty steamy scene in a bathroom — enough to make me question recommending the series to my daughter.

Would I recommend this to fellow book lovers? Yes.
Would I recommend that to my teen daughter? Probably not.
  lauraodom | Apr 16, 2015 |
I should know better than to begin a trilogy without all parts published. Now, I have to wait until November to figure out how Miss Lu is going to being June and Day back together. I just can't accept the doctor's diagnosis for Day!!!

Fans of YA dystopian societies, including Hunger Games, Divergent, The Maze Runner and the like, if you haven't discovered the Legend series, by all means, Go! Find! Read!!! ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
Day jolts awake beside me.

June and Day make their way to Las Vegas where they join the rebel Patriot group and become involved in an assassination plot against the Elector in hopes of saving the Republic.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,869,368 books! | Top bar: Always visible