Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu

Prodigy: A Legend Novel (edition 2013)

by Marie Lu

Member:elissa_kay
Title:Prodigy: A Legend Novel
Authors:Marie Lu
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 384 pages
Tags:Young Adult, Dystopian

Prodigy by Marie Lu

2013 (19) action (12) adventure (10) ARC (7) assassination (8) dystopia (58) dystopian (31) ebook (5) fantasy (5) fiction (16) fugitives (5) future (5) legend (7) maybe (5) military (5) post-apocalyptic (7) read in 2013 (5) revolution (7) romance (24) science fiction (57) series (24) signed (6) survival (6) teen (16) to-read (65) unread (5) war (7) YA (32) young adult (44) young adult fiction (5)

English (60)  German (1)  All languages (61)
A very good "book two." I admit I should have revisited [b:Legend|9275658|Legend (Legend, #1)|Marie Lu|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1333909141s/9275658.jpg|14157512] before I started reading, because I found myself a little confused. The confusion cleared as I continued reading, though.

Day and June are on the run from the Republic to the Patriots. Once there, they hope the Patriots will help them find Day's little brother, Eden, as well as his friend Tess. They find Tess right off the bat and things have changed between her and Day. Perhaps she's always had feelings for him, but Day's starting to realize them. At the same time, he's falling more and more in love with June who had a very hard time allowing herself to relax her grip on logic and fall in love with Day in return.

The Patriots enlist Day and June's help with a plan to assassinate the new Elector and, hopefully, cause a revolution to overthrow the Republic. But, as both Day and June play out their roles in the plot, things become more and more unclear. June begins to doubt the intentions of the newly crowned Elector and Day struggles to determine if he should follow his hatred for the Republic who tormented him and his family, or trust in June, who seems to be leading him in another direction.

I'm very glad that Marie Lu didn't delve too deeply in the love triangle plots of Day/June/Anden and Day/June/Tess. She touches on them, but, at the same time, draws tighter the inevitable connection between Day and June. "Prodigy" has a lot of action, intrigue, and plot twists that make for an exciting read, as well as some touching and romantic scenes that are captivating in their own way.

The twist that comes just at the end of the book regarding Day's future is hard to swallow. After everything that he and June have been through - and, honestly, still have to face - it's not what this reader wanted to read! But I'm hopeful that author Marie Lu has some crafty cards up her sleeve for book three, "Champion." ( )
  Jenna.Czaplewski | Jul 3, 2014 |
"Republic soldiers are hot on your trail, for crying out loud.We're not a full-service soup kitchen. I'm not risking my neck for you two again unless there is money involved."

"If I'm not the republic's darling anymore , then who am i?"

The republic's most wanted criminal is just a boy, sitting before me,suddenly vulnerable, laying all his weaknesses out to see.

Day pulls me close enough for our noses to touch "I love you"

There are so many moments and quotes big and small that i took to heart and loved. I felt so many emotions especially towards the end of the book.I was questioning June's role and her decision with the assassination attempt much like Day did at one point but in the end her judgement was on par. It's hard not to love Day he is cynical, street smart and sweet to the core. ( )
  amym53 | Jul 2, 2014 |
Plot: 3 1/2 stars
Characters: 3 1/2 stars
Style: 4 stars
Pace: 3 1/2 stars

Didn't like this one as much as the first. It was slow in parts, and predictable in others. Not bad enough for me not to read the third, granted, but not amazing either. ( )
  Jami_Leigh | Jun 22, 2014 |
So good! So many feels. ( )
  BookLibertyLove | Jun 18, 2014 |
Day jolts awake beside me.

June and Day make their way to Las Vegas where they join the rebel Patriot group and become involved in an assassination plot against the Elector in hopes of saving the Republic.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,252,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible