Drama by Raina Telgemeier

Drama (edition 2012)

by Raina Telgemeier, Gurihiru.

Member:foggidawn
Title:Drama
Authors:Raina Telgemeier
Other authors:Gurihiru.
Info:New York : Graphix, 2012.
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:JFIC, graphic novel, theatre, read november 2012

Drama by Raina Telgemeier

Recently added byprivate library, Dihudd, AmandaJH, SSkufca, mirikayla, booksau, chessakat, mhaar, ciyoda, mjspear

Drama is an excellent read-alone book for middle schoolers, as they will be able to connect to and understand the characters in the story. Drama is all about finding out who you are, deciding what after-school activities you are interested in, crushes, awkwardness, and making new friends. Drama could also be used in lessons on social skills and how to treat others, as it deals with themes that can be hard to discuss in the classroom sometimes such as bullying, popularity, and sexuality. ( )
  AmandaJH | Feb 9, 2016 |
I really am a sucker for books about people participating in productions of the arts. I just enjoy the stories and the memories of my own experience. I liked these characters a lot—even if they were all a little too well-behaved for real teenagers—as well as the handling of awkward teen issues. I'd definitely read more about the same group.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
A light look at the life of a middle school girl who keeps falling for the wrong boy but somehow finds love at the end. Captures beautifully the mechanics of putting on a school play as well as, ahem, the drama of ms life. ( )
  mjspear | Feb 3, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this story. The only fault for me was it was just too cute. Everyone was overly happy, happy, happy most of the time. Otherwise, the graphics were well done and the colors very vibrant. This story handled GLBT in a middle school environment excellently. At even younger ages teens are questioning who they want to date, kiss, and why. This book does a great job of showing those relationships. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |

Callie aime le théâtre. Elle n'hésitera pas à auditionner pour un role dans la comédie musicale La lune sur le Mississippi que présentera la troupe de son école ... si seulement elle savait chanter ! Des drames se préparent et pas seulement sur scène ! L'arrivée dans le décor de deux jumeaux n'arrangera sûrement pas les choses !

Raina Telgemeier, the NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author of the Eisner Award winner, SMILE, brings us her next full-color graphic novel . . . DRAMA!

Callie loves theater. And while she would totally try out for her middle school's production of Moon Over Mississippi, she's a terrible singer. Instead she's the set designer for the stage crew, and this year she's determined to create a set worthy of Broadway on a middle-school budget. But how can she, when she doesn't know much about carpentry, ticket sales are down, and the crew members are having trouble working together? Not to mention the onstage AND offstage drama that occurs once the actors are chosen, and when two cute brothers enter the picture, things get even crazier! Following the success of SMILE, Raina Telgemeier brings us another graphic novel featuring a diverse set of characters that humorously explores friendship, crushes, and all-around drama!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:21 -0400)

Callie rides an emotional roller coaster while serving on the stage crew for a middle school production of Moon over Mississippi as various relationships start and end, and others never quite get going.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,196,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible