Drama by Raina Telgemeier

Info:GRAPHIX (2012), Hardcover, 240 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:graphic

Drama by Raina Telgemeier

This book was about a girl named Callie who works for the drama stage production crew.
They are planning to do a musical play. But there's drama onstage and offstage.
And when new cute boys come into play. What will Callie do?

I think this book is good because it teaches life lessons.
The lesson in this book is that things are not always go your way!
It also has comedy and good charterers.
I will read it again and again if i could!
And that what i think of this book. ( )
  amariyanna.tb1 | Jan 3, 2017 |
So, my two nieces (11 and 13) love everything by this author. I agree with their assessment that this is possibly the best one she's written, and one of the better graphic novels for this age group. Our copy has been read to tatters.

This is a stand-alone novel of middle school. There's a lot of wanting a boyfriend, and some angsting about dating, and yes - a gay character. All very age appropriate for middle school and upper elementary. Some younger children might not enjoy this book very much because of the emphasis on dating - if they're not there yet, it just won't be that interesting. That isn't, of course, the whole of the plot, but it takes up enough space that kids who think all kissing is gross may be very turned off by the whole thing :) ( )
  conuly | Dec 19, 2016 |
Raina Telgemeier’s graphic novel, Drama, follows Callie, a theater fanatic, who enjoys the production work at the theater in her middle school and gets the to be the set designer in her middle school’s production of Moon Over Mississippi. On top of her school play, Callie finds herself in the middle of boy drama from her best friend’s brother to two twins who signed up for the play.

I find it difficult to review graphic novels because I feel the need to talk about the art, which isn’t something I have much of an opinion on other than, “oh, pretty!”. I did enjoy the panels in Drama, they were fun and did well in portraying the story.

The story itself was not what I expected from the blurb. There was definitely drama all around, but I thought it would be focused more on the production of the play than on the sexuality of the characters - which, though not the focus, took up a major part of the story. It makes me wonder if the stereotype of the men involved in acting was the cause for this depiction.

Drama is a great book if you want to start the conversation about sexuality with your kids, but probably not the best book to read if you are looking for something centered around a Drama Club. Either way, I found the story enjoyable and funny all around.
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |
A nice cure quick read about the behind the stages going ons in a middle school drama production. I really enjoyed the book and thought it was dramatically better than her last graphic novel , Smile ( )
  Hassanchop | Jul 4, 2016 |
Callie is in middle school she is a part of Moon over Missipi play since she can't sing good. She is bhind the sences where everything starts having her own life in middle school. I will recomend this book to people who really like comics and who like drama!
  AnikaU13 | Feb 24, 2016 |

Callie aime le théâtre. Elle n'hésitera pas à auditionner pour un role dans la comédie musicale La lune sur le Mississippi que présentera la troupe de son école ... si seulement elle savait chanter ! Des drames se préparent et pas seulement sur scène ! L'arrivée dans le décor de deux jumeaux n'arrangera sûrement pas les choses !

Raina Telgemeier, the NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author of the Eisner Award winner, SMILE, brings us her next full-color graphic novel . . . DRAMA!

Callie loves theater. And while she would totally try out for her middle school's production of Moon Over Mississippi, she's a terrible singer. Instead she's the set designer for the stage crew, and this year she's determined to create a set worthy of Broadway on a middle-school budget. But how can she, when she doesn't know much about carpentry, ticket sales are down, and the crew members are having trouble working together? Not to mention the onstage AND offstage drama that occurs once the actors are chosen, and when two cute brothers enter the picture, things get even crazier! Following the success of SMILE, Raina Telgemeier brings us another graphic novel featuring a diverse set of characters that humorously explores friendship, crushes, and all-around drama!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:21 -0400)

Callie rides an emotional roller coaster while serving on the stage crew for a middle school production of Moon over Mississippi as various relationships start and end, and others never quite get going.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,815,809 books! | Top bar: Always visible