The Infects by Sean Beaudoin

The Infects (edition 2012)

by Sean Beaudoin

Collections:Early Reviewers, Review Copies, Your library, To read
Rating:***

The Infects by Sean Beaudoin

roses7184 | Feb 5, 2019 |
I really enjoyed the story, read like a zombie movie, however, I thought the ending was kind of lame. ( )
  bookwormteri | May 23, 2016 |
The positive about this book is it is a fast read and I wanted to finish it once I started. This book was filled with cheesy chaos and bad one-liners that overall was a bit disappointing. I felt like this book was written by an adult who thinks he is SO COOL and he knows exactly what teens want and how they act. This book is a bit weird, from the chicken factory to the chicken conspiracies. There is an underlining social commentary about corporate attitudes and inherent evils, which I appreciate enough, but I was unimpressed with the delivery. The individual delinquent personalities, both boys and girls, were interesting to read and the zombie mayhem level was pretty good. If you love everything zombies you can try this book out, but there are a lot better zombie books out right now (see some of my other reviews). ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |

Seventeen-year-old Nero is stuck in the wilderness with a bunch of other juvenile delinquents on an "Inward Trek." As if that weren’t bad enough, his counselors have turned into flesh-eating maniacs overnight and are now chowing down on his fellow miscreants. As in any classic monster flick worth its salted popcorn, plentiful carnage sends survivors rabbiting into the woods while the mindless horde of "infects" shambles, moans, and drools behind. Of course, these kids have seen zombie movies. They generate "Zombie Rules" almost as quickly as cheeky remarks, but attitude alone can’t keep the biters back. Serving up a cast of irreverent, slightly twisted characters, an unexpected villain, and an ending you won’t see coming, here is a savvy tale that that’s a delight to read -- whether you’re a rabid zombie fan or freshly bitten -- and an incisive commentary on the evil that lurks within each of us.

A feast for the brain, this gory and genuinely hilarious take on zombie culture simultaneously skewers, pays tribute to, and elevates the horror genre.

Seventeen-year-old Nero is stuck in the wilderness with a bunch of other juvenile delinquents on an "Inward Trek." As if that weren’t bad enough, his counselors have turned into flesh-eating maniacs overnight and are now chowing down on his fellow miscreants. As in any classic monster flick worth its salted popcorn, plentiful carnage sends survivors rabbiting into the woods while the mindless horde of "infects" shambles, moans, and drools behind. Of course, these kids have seen zombie movies. They generate "Zombie Rules" almost as quickly as cheeky remarks, but attitude alone can’t keep the biters back. Serving up a cast of irreverent, slightly twisted characters, an unexpected villain, and an ending you won’t see coming, here is a savvy tale that that’s a delight to read — whether you’re a rabid zombie fan or freshly bitten — and an incisive commentary on the evil that lurks within each of us.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:34 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Nero is stuck in the wilderness with a bunch of other juvenile delinquents on an "Inward Trek." As if that weren't bad enough, his counselors have turned into flesh-eating maniacs overnight and are now chowing down on his fellow miscreants. These kids have seen zombie movies. They know the rules. Unfortunately, knowing the rules isn't going to be enough.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Sean Beaudoin's book The Infects was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Sean Beaudoin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,350,840 books! | Top bar: Always visible