Splintered by A. G. Howard

Info:Amulet Books (2013), Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:*****

Splintered by A. G. Howard

English (119)  Swedish (1)  All (120)
Notes:

1. The actor who played in 'The Crow' movie in the poster at the store where Alyssa works was Brandon Lee, son of famed martial arts movie star Bruce Lee. I remember when I read that he was killed by a blank bullet during the filming. It was a shock to realized that was long enough ago for a high school student to think of him as a story she vaguely knows.

2. 'Jabberwocky,' the poem with the verse about the mome raths, is not in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, but its sequel, Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There.

3. You may see a picture of the boy and sundial statue here: http://www.sundials.co.uk/~thames.htm ( )
  JalenV | Feb 10, 2017 |
I quite liked this version of Alice in Wonderland. I thought it was unique and interesting. ( )
  MinDea | Jan 25, 2017 |
Such a fascinating take on Wonderland...because what is madness but dark, twisted, and instinctual? ( )
  KendraJ. | Dec 29, 2016 |
33/2014 ( )
  moonlight_reads | Dec 11, 2016 |
It took me a while to finish this book, partly because I kept loosing interest. I couldn't figure out why; I mean the story was fast paced and often times engaging. I think I'm so against love triangles that at the slightest smell of one I get turned off. There was definitely a whiff of one and it was enough to give me pause in getting too attached to the story.

For what it's worth, it was a good read. It kept moving, lots of reveals, and a really interesting twist on the Alice in Wonderland story. Very imaginative. But, love triangles kills stories for me, so I'm most likely not going to read the rest of the trilogy. If it's something you don't mind, then you should read this book. ( )
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |

A. G. Howardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Howard, AnitaAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gibel, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Middleton, Maria T.Designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Suellen, NatháliaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A descendant of the inspiration for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, sixteen-year-old Alyssa Gardner fears she is mentally ill like her mother until she finds that Wonderland is real and, if she passes a series of tests to fix Alice's mistakes, she may save her family from their curse.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,644,242 books! | Top bar: Always visible