The Parallel World by D. M. Henry

The Parallel World

by D. M. Henry

531,436,638 (3.5)None
Baltimore (1) court (1) crime (1) Den Haag (1) international (1) justice (1) legal (1) suspense (1) thriller (1) trial (1) tribunal (1) war (1)

While I appreciate the hard work and attention to detail in this book, I had to put it down a quarter of the way through it, as there were just too many details to make it entertaining to me. The author had a great story line, however, the descriptions of every "scene" were boring and too frequent. It took too long to get to the "meat" of the story. ( )
  asigg44 | Jun 28, 2012 |
I’d love to give a better review for this book and I do respect the work that the author put into it, but honestly, I found the characters to be so one-dimensional, and the conversations to be so contrived, that I had to put it away by the time I read 22% of the story. Too many details that added nothing whatsoever to the story were distracting – do we really need to know every item served at the breakfast buffet, whether the woman holding an important legal conference has her ponytail straight or whether a male attorney has manicured nails? The author had a good idea for the story, but the writing fell way short of expectations. ( )
  tumbleweeds | Jun 17, 2012 |
good book ( )
  ashleyjennifer | Jun 2, 2012 |

D. M. Henry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,475,862 books! | Top bar: Always visible