Dreamland: Adventures in the Strange Science…

Dreamland: Adventures in the Strange Science of Sleep (edition 2012)

by David K. Randall

1971059,709 (3.64)9
Member:Rosareads
Title:Dreamland: Adventures in the Strange Science of Sleep
Authors:David K. Randall
Info:W. W. Norton & Company (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 304 pages

Dreamland: Adventures in the Strange Science of Sleep by David K. Randall

Really fascinating. I kept having to read bits to Heath. Very interesting book about lots of different aspects of sleep. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
  MarkBeronte | Jan 9, 2014 |
I really liked some of this book, especially the chapter about dreams (which was most of the reason I picked this up in the first place) although parts of it were very boring. Ironically, this is a great book to read while falling asleep since parts of it make your mind wander, and reading about falling asleep seems to put ideas into your head.... ( )
  lisan. | Oct 4, 2013 |
I thought this book was amazing! It had so much information to help understand sleep and ways to get a better nights sleep. I have recommeneded this book to so many people from 13 to 75.

In compliance with FTC guidelines, I am disclosing that I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
  garcia6690 | May 31, 2013 |
This was a fascinating glimpse into sleep. Honestly beyond the fact that I do it every night I haven't given much thought to sleep but this book taught me a lot about it. I had no idea that we basically don't know much about sleep. ( )
  matamgirl | Apr 3, 2013 |

added by BeWell | editAmazon.com

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 039308020X, Hardcover)

Amazon Best Books of the Month, August 2012: Forget about outer space and deep-ocean trenches. There are scientific mysteries far closer to home. In our bedrooms each night, something odd happens--we try to fall asleep. No one knows exactly why. What happens if we don't sleep? Do men sleep differently than women? Why is it so hard to put children to sleep? And if Freud was wrong about dreams, then why do we dream? In Dreamland: Adventures in the Strange Science of Sleep, David K. Randall answers these questions and more. He takes us through the history of human thinking about sleep, all the way up to the latest rest techniques used by Olympic athletes. You'll sleep better having read this book. --Benjamin Moebius

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:46 -0400)

Examines the complex world of sleep and discusses whether or not women sleep differently than men and if killing someone while sleepwalking would count as murder.

84 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,604,751 books! | Top bar: Always visible