Fear Itself: Wolverine/New Mutants by Seth…

Fear Itself: Wolverine/New Mutants

by Seth Peck, Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning

Series: Fear Itself

192537,190 (3.56)None

I read the Wolverine half of this back in June and thought it was okay. I enjoyed the New Mutants more. I haven't read them before this and unfortunately this wasn't the best way to spotlight who they are. The plot was cool though. I didn't realize how much I dig magic stuff in comics until lately. ( )
  ragwaine | Dec 1, 2016 |
I enjoyed Fear Itself though it wasn't as good as other crossovers. I've picked up most of the tie-ins, with a few of them being stand out reads. I found the Uncanny X-Men: Fear Itself tie-in to be inconsequential and expected the same here. I should have had more faith in Wolverine!

This tie-in was excellent. The first half of the book follows Wolverine as he deals with a Helicarrier, stolen by mercenaries, that is now hovering over New York City. He and his girlfriend, a reporter, are on the ground trying to contain the madness and stop opportunistic villains from wreaking even more havoc when he gets the call from Captain America to deal with this new situation. I really don't know why I don't read Wolverine's solo series since his stories have been a stand out for every crossover I have read so far. He's fun, he's violent and he gets the job done.

The second half of the book ties more directly into Fear Itself. Cyclops sends Dani Moonstar and the New Mutants to try and find the Asgardian Death Goddess Hela and seek her help. Only, it turns out that Hel itself is under assault and she needs them! I'm only vaguely familiar with these characters and still found this story to be utterly compelling. The action was incredible.

Overall, this ended up being one of the best tie-ins for the event. Highly recommended! ( )
  jshillingford | May 19, 2014 |

Peck, Sethprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Abnett, Danmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lanning, Andymain authorall editionsconfirmed

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:32 -0400)

Amidst the unstoppable force of Fear Itself tearing through New York City, Wolverine and his girlfriend, Melita Garner, find themselves having to make hard decisions in order to do what they do best. The British intelligence-turned-mercenary black ops group STRIKE has taken advantage of the chaos and activated sleeper agents for one final, deadly mission. It's up to Wolverine to stop them, but in leaving Melita to report from the ground, will his choice prove fatal? Plus: the New Mutants fight the scariest beings you never knew existed! The events of Fear Itself aren't confined to our reality, so when strange forces take Hel over from its ruler Hela, it's up to Moonstar to fulfill her role as Valkyrie and save the day. Her teammates are afraid of what will happen if Dani does this alone, but will they abandon the X-Men as Juggernaut destroys San Francisco?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,415,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible