The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide by…

The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide

by Stacey Graham

ARC (1) For Trade-PB (1) kids (1) own (1) read (1)

Reviewed by Avery, my 9yr old daughter for City Book Review

The Girls’ Ghost Hunting Guide was a lot like the TV show “The Ghost Hunters.” I thought it was going to be stories about ghosts, but...

Additional Review by myself, Kim-
Stacey Graham packs this little book with so much information, checklists, tools, quizzes, and urban legends to give all blossoming ghost hunters the tools needed to be on their way to becoming a successful ghost hunter like the professionals.

For Kim's review visit http://www.musingwithcrayolakym.com/3/post/2013/04/the-girls-ghost-hunting-guide...

For Avery's full review visit http://citybookreview.com/2012/10/the-girls-ghost-hunting-guide/ ( )
  crayolakym | Apr 16, 2013 |
I adore this book to pieces! And not only because it is the cutest pink/black book I have every seen!

When I was a kid, I was always so curious about ghosts and always wished to use one of those Ouija boards just to see what would happen. Of course, I was always too afraid to actually buy one or use one (just like I am now, lol!) This little book would have been the perfect substitute for it!

This adorable guide, written by a real ghost hunter expert, explains how to go about looking for ghosts in such a simple, fun and non-creepy manner. Yes, I'm sure you will get the chills and be a bit spooked, but it gives you so many cautious tips, I wouldn't worry too much about getting into any trouble - just as long as you don't fall into any of their tricks! Always be cautious and respectful when dealing with things of the unknown.

A few of the ghost stories will make your hair stand on end - this is not for anyone who is sensitive to things of this nature. At times I really felt that this is more of a YA book than for Middle Graders. Again, as cute as the book looks and may seem, you must take it seriously too.

Along with the ghost stories, their are tips, quizzes, how-to's, games and more!
Definitely a creative spooktacular treat!!! ( )
  thebumblegirl | Nov 1, 2012 |
Book Title: "The Girl’s Ghost Hunting Guide”
Author: Stacey Graham
Published By: Sourcebooks/Jabberwocky
Age Recommended: 10+
Reviewed By: Kitty Bullard
Raven Rating: 5

Review: “The Girl’s Ghost Hunting Guide” is a delightful little book full of informative ideas on how to have spooky fun with your friends. This book is not only a guide to ghost hunting but a treasure of urban legends and ghost stories from the past that have always been favorites to tell around a campfire or at a sleepover.
You’ll enjoy this book and your younger daughters will love it as well! Just be careful, you could find yourself in the position of being the victim of some of the tricks that Stacey Graham writes in her book. Fun, interesting, and creative this book is a real treat, especially for this time of the year! ( )
  RavenswoodPublishing | Oct 20, 2012 |
My thoughts:
The Girl's Ghost Hunting Guide by Stacey Graham isn't what I thought it would be. I thought it would be cute stories and tricks that would be shared during a slumber party, or the like. I didn't realize until I started reading it that it is an actual ghost hunting guide. If you're familiar with the television show, Ghost Hunters, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I was pleasantly surprised by this book.
The first thing I want to do is give Stacy Graham a high-five for pointing out and emphasizing safety. As a parent, I really appreciated it. Graham makes several points such as, don't investigate alone, ask advice from an adult, and use common sense. This book is a great guide to children who want to investigate the paranormal. This book includes interviews from actual paranormal investigators, ghost stories, quizzes, and more information. The Girl's Ghost Hunting Guide gives you step by step instructions and tips for ghost hunting.
If you know a kid who's interested in this field, I would suggest this book. It's definitely a 'To Read' ( )
  mt256 | Jul 29, 2012 |
This would have been one of the books I bought at the book fairs. When I was little, I used to love reading R.L . Stine Goosebumps as well the Kathrine Applegate Animorphs, those were my favorite. Come to think of it, even now I still read those types of stories. LOL!

This book has great insider information. There's information on what to do on a haunting. Like what to bring, (camera, flashlight, etc), what to look for, where you should go. It fun's and easy to read. There is also information of what to do after your investigation. Like what to look for in your photos, what to listen for in your voice recorder, etc. It address safety issues as well. No trespassing, get parents permission, etc.

My fave part of the book is after every chapter there are some short urban legends. Those I devoured cause I love that stuff. It reminds me of Are you Afraid of the Dark? Does anyone remember that show? Love it!
At the end of the book, there are some blank pages to log in your own investigations to get started with. Super cool!

The Girls Ghost Hunting Guide is a splendid, well put together guide for that ghost lover. Easy information broken down into parts so that no one gets confused. Be sure to include your friends and become your own team of ghost hunters! ( )
  Bookswithbite | Jun 28, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 140226612X, Paperback)

What was that noise? The cat? The wind?
Little brother stealing a peek at your diary?
Or is it a ghost?

The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide will help you identify the creepy crawlers from the spooky spirits, the howling winds fromt he haunting phantoms. And with this guide you can learn from real experts how to investigate and contact your very own ghosts!

Everything a girl needs for a night full of fun, including:

• Spooky urban legends to set the mood
• Must-have stuff for your ghost hunting kit
• Pointers for leading the best-ever ghost hunt
• Tips for writing your own ghost
• With fun quizzes, games, recipes, and more!

So gather your friends if they are brave enough, grab a flashlight, and go investigate!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:42 -0400)

"The girls' ghost hunting guide will help you identify the creepy crawlers from the spooky spirits, the howling winds from the haunting phantoms. And with this guide you can learn from the real experts how to investigate and contact your very own ghosts!"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Stacey Graham is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,981,253 books! | Top bar: Always visible