Reapers (The Druid Breeders, #1) by Marata…

Reapers (The Druid Breeders, #1)

by Marata Eros

I liked this book. There were a couple of times I got confused, but I think that might have been more my reading than the writing. The story was very interesting, the writing style was pretty good.

The only thing that drove me crazy was the word rogue being constantly italicized. It kept being overemphasized in my head as I was reading. But otherwise, good book.

Kept me intrigued. I've already started the next one. ( )
  Marissa_Honeycutt | Feb 12, 2014 |
Serial story Incomplete ( )
  In2it | Sep 20, 2013 |
Updated 10/14/12 (below)

This shit is horrible. And horrific.

Who the fuck wants to read a "romance" which is 100% about rape or avoiding being raped?????????

The opening scenes in the book? A very violent very graphic rape.

WTF.

And I'll say it again: WTF!

Of course I didn't finish this.

DNF.

______________

I'm amending my review. To a point. The way I feel about this book has not and will not change - but I do want to make a point.

The way I feel is the way I feel. Rape and violence against women are triggers for me and I take pains to avoid them. I do not have an issue with other people's kinks or personal lack of a trigger. Quite a few of my friends read and enjoy non-con books.

My major issue is that I always avoid non-con books. How do I avoid them? The authors label their books in very clear and impossible to miss ways. Always. It's either in the blurb of the book itself (see [b:The Milk Bitch Trilogy|7466260|The Milk Bitch Trilogy|Frances Gaines Bennett|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1277691405s/7466260.jpg|9541746] or [b:Comfort Food|7920450|Comfort Food|Kitty Thomas|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1281078667s/7920450.jpg|11221308]) or labeled with a warning prior to the start of the blurb.

There was no warning in this case. I know that the author says there is a warning (on her Amazon book page) now. There was no warning there when I originally got this book. The author says that there is a warning in the book itself. I re-downloaded the book after being told this as if a warning was there I planned to amend my review. The newly downloaded book contained no warning. So my review and rating stands. ( )
  MrsJoseph | Mar 30, 2013 |
Updated 10/14/12 (below)

This shit is horrible. And horrific.

The opening scenes in the book? A very violent very graphic rape.

WTF.

And I'll say it again: WTF!

Of course I didn't finish this.

DNF.

______________

MrsJoseph | Mar 28, 2013 |

Tamara Rose Blodgett is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,106,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible