Chasing McCree (Chasing McCree, #1) by J.C.…

Chasing McCree (Chasing McCree, #1)

by J.C. Isabella

From the second I started this book I feel in love with the writing style and how the author could make me feel like I was there with the characters. I found myself wishing that I could have someone love me like he loved her. This book left me with a smile on my face and even when I think of it now as I write this review I am smiling. This is a sweet book that I am sure most people would like.
  mattidw | Dec 17, 2013 |
This is the first book I've read by J.C. Isabella I really enjoyed her writing, clear and concise and easy to read. The plot and character descriptions were written extremely well and as I said I really enjoyed her writing.

We are introduced to Briar Thompson, who comes from a well off family, has everything she wants and needs. One night at a party her drink is spiked and she wonders off...well chased off. She ends up bumping into a young man named Chase. Chase is a real cowboy, growing up in Montana he has recently just moved to the city to live with his mom.

Briar and Chase become friends and Briar realizes she is not that happy..her parents are not interested in her life, her friends are a bit superficial. The only one who keeps her sane is her grandmother. Who you will love while reading this book.

Briar decides to take a risk and heads to Montana with Chase for the summer. This is a light fun romance novel for young adults probably more geared to high school youths. But saying that it is a cute romantic novel.

I have rated Chasing McCree 4 stars and I enjoyed J.C. Isabella writing and the story was cute.
  TanaT | Aug 7, 2013 |
Great story! ( )
  ChloeHallatt | Jan 31, 2013 |
I absolutely adored this book. I felt like I was reading a Hallmark movie, and a very good one. It was romantic, fun, adventurous, with the hot guy, cowboys, the city girl, wow. The cover drew me in automatically, and it is absolutely perfect. Chase McGree is a cowboy from Montana, where he was born and raised. He decided to move to Florida with his mom, to spend time with her before he graduated and took over the ranch. Being your classic cowboy, of course, he had to bring his horse, Ash, with him. Unfortunately, his mom's backyard wasn't that big, so he would sneak Ash out for a rides. One night while riding in the park he happens to run across a rather intoxicated and really cute cheerleader, Briar Thompson, a night that would change both of their lives forever. Of course, being the gentleman that he is, Chase wasn't about to leave her by herself in the park all intoxicated, so he takes care of her. Briar awakens and has an epiphany of sorts, realizing her life, her family, and her friends weren't what she thought, and neither was she. Her whole life she had believed the goal was to be popular, and everything and everyone (with the exception of her Grandma) revolved around who you were, your social status, how rich you were, how popular you were.....me, me, me. Chase McGree on the other hand not only was hot, he was real, honest, fun, exciting, and nonjudgmental, and he had taken a liking to the fiery little Briar Thompson, and she had most definitely taken a liking to him.

With her Grandma's help, and after run-ins with her ex-boyfriend Alex, and his friend, she goes to spend the summer with Chase at his ranch in Montana. This would be the ultimate test for this city girl and this cowboy. They both find there is a lot more about the other than they originally thought, especially when things start happening around the ranch that aren't quite accidents, and then on top of that Briar's parent's find out where she really is. Can this cheerleader turned country girl and this cowboy who loves her overcome all the odds stacked against them?

As I said earlier I adored this book. Chase has the whole hot cowboy persona going on and I just loved everything about him. He may seem easy going, but he knows what he wants, and he is a force to be reckoned with. I really liked Briar to. She's not your typical little stuck-up rich girl, and when she realized her feelings and what she wanted, she boldly went after it. I especially loved Briar's grandma, she's a hoot. The romance in this book is clean, yet very hot. I loved the story line and was captivated from beginning to end. I am a really sucker for a good romance, and Chasing McCree definitely fits the bill. Not only is it is a good romance, it has plenty of action and drama also. If you love YA contemporary romance, or contemporary romance in general, especially if you have a soft spot for cowboys, then Chasing McCree is one book you won't want to miss.

Favorite quotes:

I followed her further into the yard and towards the sounds of country music. Chase was around the back of a shed...shirtless, with a crossbow, shooting at a target painted on a tree. Cripes, he really was one of those woodsy hunting types. And Damn if he didn't look good. He grinned turning down the music and dropped the crossbow on the ground. "Hey, I was just about to call you, see where you were." "With Grandma, she was very chatty," I grinned back, trying not to stare since his mother was right next to me. "You really are the kind of guy that could go into the forest with a pocketknife and build a city." His mother burst out laughing and had to excuse herself. "Maybe not a city," Chase grabbed a flannel shirt that he'd tossed over a tree branch and pulled it on. He closed the distance between us and stopped close enough that our shoes were touching. "Couple of tree houses and a lean-to."

She was wearing black hiking boots, ones with pink laces and glitter on the logo. They weren't like anything I'd ever seen, but they would be comfortable and sturdy, and she looked damn cute in them.

Brair smile up at me and whispered, "Damn them all, Cowboy, Damn them all." I tugged her close for our first kiss. "Yes Ma'am."

Chase kissed me slow and sweet in the cool night air. I changed. He changed. We changed. I wasn't a cheerleader anymore or a rich man's spoiled daughter. My life before meeting Chase didn't define me. Everything changed. Things would never be the same. And what a great adventure it would be. ( )
  alwaysyaatheart | Sep 12, 2012 |
Searching through Amazon, I took a chance a bought this book. The premise right away capture me and it seems like a book that I would like. And yes. I was right. I enjoyed this book a lot.

Again, it was the plot that gets me. This plot is about a boy, a cowboy (wink, wink), who is not all who he seems. He meets this girl, Brair who is another cheerleader faking everything in her life. He makes her sees things different. And in turn, Briar takes a chance at a lifetime, leaving with him for the summer.
Okay lets stop right there. Now, I don't know about you, but who in the right mind would do this? Go off with some guy you just met? It's doesn't work in the real world, but in this world, I'll accept it. Moving on...

And so, during her summer Briar learns a lot about herself and her love for Chase grows. This part is my favorite. I love watching a friendship and love grow together. They get up early, spends hours working on the ranch, hand in hand, flirting in the hay, the dirt, then sun. Good, fun loving. I'm smiled a lot on this section. The plot moved on the people who Chase trusted on his ranch to betray him. Chase is about to inherit something big and others want in.

As you can guess, I did love the love interest. I like that the author spend time in getting the reader to invest in the characters. I like the hay rolling, sunflower frolicking stuff. Yes, it's fluffy and all lovey-dovey, but I LOVED it. It's nice for once not to have an author rush the love.

There is a nice twist in the end with a HEA ending. I squealed and read the ending twice cause I loved it so much. Again, fluffy and lovey-dovey but it's so sweet you can't help but go,"Awww." *SWOON*

Chasing McCree is a love story at it's finest. With an enduring love that I can read over and over, Chasing McCree has me swooning. If you are a romantic at heart and love the true love, happily ever ending, then read this book. It will give you the burning desire of love that you want. When it's over, your left walking away happy that you had a chance to read a true love somewhere out there, it can be real. ( )
  Bookswithbite | Aug 29, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,607,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible