Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway

Emmy & Oliver

by Robin Benway

2092155,966 (4.15)5

Ever since her best friend and next door neighbour, Oliver, was kidnapped ten years ago, Emmy's parents are extremely overprotective of their only child. At seventeen she feels as though she's not allowed to grow up. But now Oliver has returned home. After being picked up by his father from school one day, Oliver spent the last ten years with him, not knowing he was kidnapped and thinking his mother didn't want him anymore. With Oliver back, Emmy hopes to get to know him again and see where their friendship takes them.

The whole book came together so well - the pacing, the characters, the writing - everything was so, sooo good. It didn't lack anything. There were no slow parts. I loved Emmy. I loved Oliver. I loved Emmy and Oliver together. I loved her relationship with her best friends Caro and Drew, their bond felt strong and genuine. Caro and Drew themselves were three-dimensional with their own joys and problems. Her relationship with her parents was frustrating but realistic. Even the ending was great. There's nothing about this book that I disliked. ( )
  jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |
*RECIEVED AN ARC FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*
This book fits the sweet YA mold, but has unique features that add intensity and angst. The story is based around a web of lies. It is our job as readers to reveal the truth and unveil the secrets. It is a wild ride that has an ending you will never expect...

Emmy and Oliver share a bond even after being apart for 10 years. It isn't an instant reunion, but slowly the old feelings form again. Everyone expects Oliver to be excited about being found, but deep down he feels as though he's been kidnapped all over again. Everything he knew is erased when he is thrown into a new life, with new siblings. He struggles to grasp the present and push away the past... Emmy tries to be the listening ear, but it's hard when she is faced with what brought her so much pain all of those years ago.

Was this story predictable? Maybe at times, but overall no! I was blindsided by the ending and couldn't believe how everything unfolded. I loved the romance and the cute additions that made this a swoon worthy read... Add in the mystery and I am hooked!

Overall, I really enjoyed this story... At times it was a tad slow, but in the end I was quite satisfied with what the Author gave us.
Highly Recommend to YA fans. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
I started this book 5 hours ago and could. not. stop. reading. Definitely a different kind of love story. ( )
  RenaeMcBrian | Jan 31, 2016 |
Oliver disappeared after school on a Friday afternoon, way back when we were in second grade, and small things seemed really important and important things seemed too small.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible