Dastardly Bastard by Edward Lorn

Dastardly Bastard

by Edward Lorn

I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

3 stars

I like Ed Lorn's books, and this, one of his earlier efforts, shows the beginnings of a promising career as an author.

This book is standard horror fare, with a group of people coming together in an extreme situation. In this case, they are hiking to Waverly Canyon, a "bottomless" pit with a dark history behind it. Over the course of the story, things get really weird (as one would expect), and it got to the point that I was having a hard time following towards the end of the book.

The characters were okay, but as with many horror novels today, it seemed that none of them had any redeeming value, and I didn't really care what happened to any of them.

I do like the author's writing style, though, and will continue to grab up whatever he writes. ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 31, 2016 |
Having recently read and enjoyed "Life After Dane" by Edward Lorn, I quickly requested to read and review another of his books. I was definitely not disappointed. In fact, I was drawn in from the first page and devoured the book at night.
A group of diverse people decide to go on a guided tour of Waverly Chasm for various reasons. Little do they know that they are going to have to face their darkest fears in order to escape the horror of Waverly Chasm.
Edward Lorn does not throw any punches. He does not slowly introduce the characters and develop the plot but tosses you right in the middle of it from the beginning which is not easy to do but he accomplishes it. The amazing thing is that nothing is lost in the quick start to the book. The characters are explained and well developed as is what these people are facing on this horrific tour. ( )
  Veronica.Sparrow | Feb 8, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Edward Lorn's book Dastardly Bastard was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,397,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible