Execution: Escape from Furnace 5 by…

Execution: Escape from Furnace 5

by Alexander Gordon Smith

Alex Sawyer has escaped his underground nightmare to discover that the whole world has become a horrible prison run by his nemesis, Alfred Furnace, and only Alex can stop him, even if that makes him the executioner.
  lkmuir | Oct 26, 2015 |
In “Execution,” the joys of freedom still weren’t in the cards for Alex and his friends, as Alfred Furnace’s war against humanity raged all around them.

Read the rest of my review at: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/execution-alexander-gordon-sm... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
In the book Execution, Alex, Zee, Simon, and Lucy are taken by the military and experimented on. The are most interested in Zee who is 'immune' the nectar. Alex drifts off and sees Furnaces live in the orchard . Finally they escape the millinery and head to the tower were Furnace is. As they escape, Penitentiary tries to kill them. The military follows them to the tower. Alex makes it to Furnace and he is hooked up to a big machine. Furnace convinces Alex to take his place and he accepts. Now he can control everyone with nectar in its blood. When Zee comes, he convinces Alex to stop and end the war. After a while Alex accepts and then Penitentiary takes all of Alex's blood and she dies. They go back to the military and Alex goes under the knife and becomes human again. Once he is human he tells the story of his life and that's how the book was written.

I would rate this book a 4 1/2 because this one was full of action. I liked the twist in the end of the book. I am glad that Alex became human again and not die like in the Divergent series. Overall, this series wasn't the best written, but it definitely kept me interested throughout all of the books. I am sad that some of my favorite characters died like Toby, Donovan, and Simon. I would recommend it and I'm sad that it's over. ( )
  AlexaP.B3 | May 19, 2014 |
end of series ( )
  TeamDewey | Feb 20, 2014 |

Alex Sawyer has escaped his underground nightmare to discover the whole world has become a prison, and Alfred Furnace is its master. Monsters rule the streets, leaving nothing but murder in their wake. Those who do not die become slaves to Furnace’s reign of cruelty. Alex is a monster too. He is the only one who can stop Furnace but in doing so he could destroy everything. Is he the executed or the executioner? Who will die? All Alex knows is that one way or another, it all ends now.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:05 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,641,673 books! | Top bar: Always visible