Devotion by Bryan Healey

Devotion

by Bryan Healey

212,551,640 (3)None
Recently added bylostinalibrary, iluvvideo

Devotion is a very short story in the fantasy genre. In some ways, it feel more like a prologue to a longer story which I guess, in fact, it is. I'm a huge fan of the genre and this certainly has potential to be a very interesting story. Unfortunately, this story is not, at least for me, the best introduction to it. The problem for me was that the characters are unlikeable. Don't get me wrong. My favourite fantasy writers are those who have great bad guys but, somehow, these writers always make even the most psychotic of these baddies human and likeable.

But, as I said, this story shows potential. Mr Healey is clearly a good writer and understands the tropes of fantasy (something many Indie writers don't). There is some pretty interesting world building here. If he has added some more three-dimensional characters or has fleshed out those in this story like Richard, then I expect the book, itself, should be well worth a read. ( )
1 vote lostinalibrary | Jun 9, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Bryan Healey's book Devotion was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,232,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible