The Super Spud Trilogy by Michael Diack

The Super Spud Trilogy (edition 2012)

by Michael Diack

Member:BookWormRflects
Title:The Super Spud Trilogy
Authors:Michael Diack
Info:Pen Press (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 264 pages
Rating:**

The Super Spud Trilogy by Michael Diack

Well it was completely mad. It mentions so many TV references that I will never look at TV the same. It was funny and quick witted.

I got this as a giveaway. ( )
  ritapt | Oct 30, 2013 |
Genetically engineered potato chips are more flavorful, and also tend to talk more than your average chip. And so begins the adventures of the Super Spud potato chips!

I can handle absurd crude humor; sometimes I even love it that was not the problem with this book. My problem is that there was no point. It seemed to be one short story after another, which is not bad but the author bounces around from one story to the next so frequently you cannot connect to the story or the characters themselves. Since this book is supposed to be at least three separate novels you want there to be a concise beginning middle and end for each book. The stories seemed more suited for children, take out the violence add some pictures and you will have an amazing children’s series. What I did like about the book where some of the characters that were based off pop culture or historic icons, can you imagine Robin Hood or Indiana Jones as potato chips?

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:
http://bookwormrflects8.blogspot.com/ ( )
  BookWormRflects | Dec 8, 2012 |
This is one of the most creative and “different” books I’ve read. It was witty and original, with some of the best dialogue I’ve seen. The plot is hard to describe as there is a lot that happens, but there are these “superspuds” who have human like qualities, and a lot of strange variations we’d never think of. Now I never want to open another bag of chips for fear of killing these magical delights! I think this is a good book for teens and adults, and if you don’t laugh out loud several times you might need to get your sense-of-humor-meter checked ;-) Its written in British English for you Yanks, so a few spellings and symbols are different, but nothing big. An all-around fun story that I’d highly recommend. ( )
  JennaBrewster | Nov 25, 2012 |
OMG lol what did I just read? Haha this has to be one of the most, if not THE most clever, original, and funny books I’ve ever read. I was chuckling almost from the beginning and I’ll never be able to look at potato chips (or “crisps”) the same way again! (Much like what happened after I saw the movie “Antz”). I could totally see this book (or its concept) being a movie, or even better a tv show cartoon on Adult Swim. Epic. There are so many great characters in here (love the list at the end, lol!!) and each are funny and awesome in their own right. It’s technically 3 books in one, which is why it’s called a “trilogy”, but it’s about the length of an average book so don’t be intimidated. Although when it’s done you’ll be wishing there was more! ( )
  StacyDecker | Nov 23, 2012 |
Who knew Spuds had so much going on? I think the thing I liked best about “The Super Spud Trilogy” wasn’t just the crazy and fun characters (loved the Generals!), but all the interesting/clever “rules” that dictate the life of a spud, and the wacky adventures they have. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly who the target audience for this book would be, as I think both young and old would really enjoy it, but probably for different reasons. If you are looking for something that is totally different and will make you chuckle, this is the book for you! ( )
  BellaReadz | Nov 21, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,510,063 books! | Top bar: Always visible