Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

Dragons Love Tacos (edition 2012)

by Adam Rubin, Daniel Salmieri (Illustrator)

Member:JodiEasley
Title:Dragons Love Tacos
Authors:Adam Rubin
Other authors:Daniel Salmieri (Illustrator)
Info:Dial (2012), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Picture Books, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:Following Directions; Learning New Skills

Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

The book, “Dragons Love Tacos,” by Adam Rubin is a book that tells a story of how dragons are fond of tacos, the only thing is that they cannot eat anything spicy. Through the book there is a boy that is trying to give instructions on how to be friends with dragons and the key is tacos! He also tries to ask why would dragons love tacos so much so he ends up throwing a party for his dragon friends with many tacos. He describes each ingredient for the right taco and tells the audience that the only thing dragons do not like is spicy salsa. The boy makes as many tacos as he can and he gives them out at his taco party, but midway through something wild happens. One of the dragons ends up finding a jar of salsa and starts handing it out to everyone, except the jar of salsa turned out to be spicy salsa instead of regular salsa! All the dragons begin to shoot fire from their mouths and end up destroying the house. In the end, all the dragons collaborate to build a new house, but only do it for the taco breaks.
  jzsolorzano7 | Feb 16, 2017 |
The book is about how dragons love all different kinds of tacos. The story shows what happens when a Dragon accidentally eats spicy salsa. It is a fun story that will keep children engaged. ( )
  AimeeSword | Feb 15, 2017 |
A young boy who likes dragons finds out that dragons love to eat tacos but not spicy ones, with a good reason.

The illustration by artist Daniel Salmieri is whimsical and fun to look at. The story is a little silly which some children could really love.

Honestly I thought it a little too silly for my taste. I have read other children books on dragons and I think this was my least favorite. The writing is very simple, maybe too simple.

I wanted to like it because I love dragons and it is very rarely that I find one I do not like. Unfortunately this was one that was unlikable to me but I am not the demographic. I think if you have child from ages 2 to 7 and is easy to make laugh they will probably enjoy. ( )
  lavenderagate | Jan 25, 2017 |
Dragons love tacos was a book that will keep children engaged and laughing. These dragons love all types of tacos, especially taco parties. But be sure to keep out any spicy salsa or you're in for a fiery surprise! This book would be great to introduce adjectives as there is a lot of descriptive words in this book. Dragons love tacos can also be read if you are having a party in class. It can also be used to teach about carefully reading instructions as one wrongly read line can create chaos! ( )
  RikkiHamilton | Jan 16, 2017 |
A funny story about taco loving dragons and what happens when you get what you wanted. Spicy salsa and taco loving dragons is dangerously hilarious.
  Jennifer LeGault | Dec 2, 2016 |

Adam Rubinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Salmieri, DanielIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

This scrumptious read-aloud has a whole lot of kick!

Dragons love tacos. They love chicken tacos, beef tacos, great big tacos, and teeny tiny tacos. So if you want to lure a bunch of dragons to your party, you should definitely serve tacos. Buckets and buckets of tacos. Unfortunately, where there are tacos, there is also salsa. And if a dragon accidentally eats spicy salsa . . . oh, boy. You're in red-hot trouble.

The award-winning team behind Those Darn Squirrels! has created an unforgettable, laugh-until-salsa-comes-out-of-your-nose tale of new friends and the perfect snack.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

Explores the love dragons have for tacos, and the dangers of feeding them them anything with spicy salsa.

129 wanted2 pay2 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,653,076 books! | Top bar: Always visible