Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

Dragons Love Tacos (edition 2012)

by Adam Rubin, Daniel Salmieri (Illustrator)

Member:JodiEasley
Title:Dragons Love Tacos
Authors:Adam Rubin
Other authors:Daniel Salmieri (Illustrator)
Info:Dial (2012), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Picture Books, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:Following Directions; Learning New Skills

Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

I had mixed feelings about this book. I liked it because it had funny humor about dragons enjoying tacos, but not liking when they are too spicy. I also liked how it talked about things that dragons like, that people also like. For example, it talked about going to parties to see friends. I did not like that there was no main plot to the story. It followed the dragons eating tacos, and going to parties. But it did not have a problem, or solution.
  JessicaSparacino | Apr 26, 2016 |
I did not like this book for one main reason. It did not had any meaning reading the book. I felt there was no purpose of reading this book. While the book is about how dragon likes the taco but not salsa, it is not realistic nor relatable for students. I couldn’t find any message that the book is trying to tell. Some books are not to give good messages to readers but just to let readers have fun reading it. But this book does not have well organized story line. Book talks about how dragon likes the tacos, how they don’t like the spicy. It was boring reading it. ( )
  ykim31 | Apr 4, 2016 |
I picked this book because it is one of the books for my author share. For this book I would have students write about their favorite animal and what food that animal would love. ( )
  ksd011 | Mar 16, 2016 |
Oh so silly picture book, doesn't go much deeper than the title suggests. Fun read aloud, very modern cadence. Kind of sounds like how I would talk with siblings.
  ClaraN | Mar 10, 2016 |
I thought this book was great through both its humor and engagement. The illustrations and the plot are what really set this book apart. The illustrations are very colorful and the characters are unrealistic which fits with the theme of the story. The plot is engaging for young readers because its about dragons who love tacos. This is a very silly topic, but it makes learning about new foods much more fun. Overall, the purpose of this book is to push readers to think of different foods they might not eat within their culture, in this case tacos. ( )
  zwatso1 | Feb 25, 2016 |

Adam Rubinprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Salmieri, DanielIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

This scrumptious read-aloud has a whole lot of kick!

Dragons love tacos. They love chicken tacos, beef tacos, great big tacos, and teeny tiny tacos. So if you want to lure a bunch of dragons to your party, you should definitely serve tacos. Buckets and buckets of tacos. Unfortunately, where there are tacos, there is also salsa. And if a dragon accidentally eats spicy salsa . . . oh, boy. You're in red-hot trouble.

The award-winning team behind Those Darn Squirrels! has created an unforgettable, laugh-until-salsa-comes-out-of-your-nose tale of new friends and the perfect snack.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

Explores the love dragons have for tacos, and the dangers of feeding them them anything with spicy salsa.

115 wanted2 pay1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,885,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible