Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

Dragons Love Tacos (edition 2012)

by Adam Rubin

Title:Dragons Love Tacos
Authors:Adam Rubin
Info:Dial (2012), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Your library, Jasper's Books

Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

Kids will absolutely love this book; I know I enjoyed reading it. I feel this would be a good book to read to early elementary students. You could even tie in a writing lesson having the students brainstorm other things that dragons may love and write about them. Just make sure it is nothing spicy! ( )
  clp055 | Oct 18, 2016 |
This story is such a good way to introduce cause and effect to kids. It's also a book that kids of all ages can enjoy. ( )
  danimeineke | Oct 3, 2016 |
I want to start off by saying that I would buy prints of this book's illustrations to hang up on my walls. They are a perfect example of the kind of illustrations that I love. It's fine line drawing with pops of color. So much attention to detail! If you want to know what a dragon's favorite food is then wait no more because the title says it all. Dragons apparently LOVE tacos. There are a few caveats to this though and you'll have to read the book to discover exactly what those are. This is perfect for the dragon lovers (or taco lovers) in your life. Note: This book will probably make you want to eat tacos. ( )
  AliceaP | Sep 16, 2016 |
A young boy prepares a taco party for a group of dragons in this humorous picture-book, as the narrator informs him (and the reader) of the draconic love for all things taco, but hatred for all things spicy. Apparently, spicy salsa will strengthen a dragon's natural tendency toward fire, leading to sparks and smoke, if ingested. This leads to some dire consequences, when the boy overlooks the newest ingredient of the 'mild' salsa he buys. Fortunately, when his guests accidentally burn down his house, they are there to help him rebuild...

A great favorite at the bookstore where I work, both with colleagues and customers, Dragons Love Tacos is a book I have been meaning to pick up, especially since I enjoyed our event with this author/illustrator team, in which they introduced their Robo-Sauce. I imagine that younger children will find this one quite amusing - I know I did! - and will identify with the dragons' love of tacos. The artwork is colorful and appealing, adding greatly to the sense of fun. Recommended to children who love dragons and/or Tex-Mex food, or who enjoy stories with a somewhat silly sense of humor. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Aug 23, 2016 |
GL: 3.1
DRA: 20
Lexile: AD720L
  Infinityand1 | Aug 3, 2016 |

Adam Rubinprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Salmieri, DanielIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

This scrumptious read-aloud has a whole lot of kick!

Dragons love tacos. They love chicken tacos, beef tacos, great big tacos, and teeny tiny tacos. So if you want to lure a bunch of dragons to your party, you should definitely serve tacos. Buckets and buckets of tacos. Unfortunately, where there are tacos, there is also salsa. And if a dragon accidentally eats spicy salsa . . . oh, boy. You're in red-hot trouble.

The award-winning team behind Those Darn Squirrels! has created an unforgettable, laugh-until-salsa-comes-out-of-your-nose tale of new friends and the perfect snack.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

Explores the love dragons have for tacos, and the dangers of feeding them them anything with spicy salsa.

129 wanted2 pay1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,727,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible