Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

Dragons Love Tacos (edition 2012)

by Adam Rubin

Member:ablachly
Title:Dragons Love Tacos
Authors:Adam Rubin
Info:Dial (2012), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Your library, Jasper's Books

Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

A young boy prepares a taco party for a group of dragons in this humorous picture-book, as the narrator informs him (and the reader) of the draconic love for all things taco, but hatred for all things spicy. Apparently, spicy salsa will strengthen a dragon's natural tendency toward fire, leading to sparks and smoke, if ingested. This leads to some dire consequences, when the boy overlooks the newest ingredient of the 'mild' salsa he buys. Fortunately, when his guests accidentally burn down his house, they are there to help him rebuild...

A great favorite at the bookstore where I work, both with colleagues and customers, Dragons Love Tacos is a book I have been meaning to pick up, especially since I enjoyed our event with this author/illustrator team, in which they introduced their Robo-Sauce. I imagine that younger children will find this one quite amusing - I know I did! - and will identify with the dragons' love of tacos. The artwork is colorful and appealing, adding greatly to the sense of fun. Recommended to children who love dragons and/or Tex-Mex food, or who enjoy stories with a somewhat silly sense of humor. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Aug 23, 2016 |
GR: L
GL: 3.1
DRA: 20
Lexile: AD720L
  Infinityand1 | Aug 3, 2016 |
I had mixed feelings about this book. I liked it because it had funny humor about dragons enjoying tacos, but not liking when they are too spicy. I also liked how it talked about things that dragons like, that people also like. For example, it talked about going to parties to see friends. I did not like that there was no main plot to the story. It followed the dragons eating tacos, and going to parties. But it did not have a problem, or solution.
  JessicaSparacino | Apr 26, 2016 |
I did not like this book for one main reason. It did not had any meaning reading the book. I felt there was no purpose of reading this book. While the book is about how dragon likes the taco but not salsa, it is not realistic nor relatable for students. I couldn’t find any message that the book is trying to tell. Some books are not to give good messages to readers but just to let readers have fun reading it. But this book does not have well organized story line. Book talks about how dragon likes the tacos, how they don’t like the spicy. It was boring reading it. ( )
  ykim31 | Apr 4, 2016 |
I picked this book because it is one of the books for my author share. For this book I would have students write about their favorite animal and what food that animal would love. ( )
  ksd011 | Mar 16, 2016 |

Adam Rubinprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Salmieri, DanielIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

This scrumptious read-aloud has a whole lot of kick!

Dragons love tacos. They love chicken tacos, beef tacos, great big tacos, and teeny tiny tacos. So if you want to lure a bunch of dragons to your party, you should definitely serve tacos. Buckets and buckets of tacos. Unfortunately, where there are tacos, there is also salsa. And if a dragon accidentally eats spicy salsa . . . oh, boy. You're in red-hot trouble.

The award-winning team behind Those Darn Squirrels! has created an unforgettable, laugh-until-salsa-comes-out-of-your-nose tale of new friends and the perfect snack.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

Explores the love dragons have for tacos, and the dangers of feeding them them anything with spicy salsa.

129 wanted2 pay1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,494,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible