Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Eleanor & Park (edition 2013)

by Rainbow Rowell

Member:dianestm
Title:Eleanor & Park
Authors:Rainbow Rowell
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2013), Hardcover, 320 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:2013, Fiction, Romance

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

English (270)  Spanish (1)  All languages (271)
This may just be the best teenage love story ever written. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
I very badly wanted to call up my fellow librarians at 2 a.m. when I finished this book to thank them so much for the crying jag I was now on. It was an amazing book. SPOILER (maybe) I ask everyone who read it what were the 3 words on the postcard. I vote for I love you. What else would have made Park smile? ( )
  okramsey | May 21, 2015 |
Love, Love, Love.

That's what it's all about. ( )
  DonnaPaints | May 18, 2015 |
Ugh you stupid emotions and tears, go away. Such a cute and realistic love story between teenagers in the 1980s. Eleanor and Park are so much alike that it was frustrating at times when all their little arguments would stem because each of them are self conscious and afraid to tell the other what is going on in the head, but that is what made the story realistic because teenagers are that way. The ending was incredibly tear inducing. Very glad I gave this book a go. My only "beef" with it is that Eleanor's likes and dislikes pretty much matches to Park's with very few exceptions, have a mind of your own girl. But overall very well deserved 4 star book and I look forward to reading more of Rainbow Rowell's books. ( )
  GrlIntrrptdRdng | May 14, 2015 |
I'd read Landline first , and I'd heard so much of the Eleanor & Park that I think I had too much high hopes for this book. It really disappointed me , even as a young adult book it was boring and after I passed the half I almost skipped the pages. ( )
  ardvisoor | May 13, 2015 |
I have never seen anything quite like “Eleanor & Park.” Rainbow Rowell’s first novel for young adults is a beautiful, haunting love story — but I have seen those. It’s set in 1986, and God knows I’ve seen that. There’s bullying, sibling rivalry, salvation through music and comics, a monstrous stepparent — and I know, we’ve seen all this stuff. But you’ve never seen “Eleanor & Park.” Its observational precision and richness make for very special reading.
added by melmore | editNew York Times, John Green (Mar 8, 2013)

Rainbow Rowellprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gorovoy, AnnaDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grlic, OlgaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Russell, HarrietCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Forest, Jade, Haven, and Jerry - and everyone else in the back of the truck
He'd stopped trying to bring her back.
He loved how much they loved each other. It was the thing he thought about when he woke up scared in the middle of the night. Not that they loved him -- they were his parents, they had to love him. That they loved each other. They didn't have to do that.

"Set over the course of one school year in 1986, this is the story of two star-crossed misfits--smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try"--

28 wanted4 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,166,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible