Love Finds You In Daisy, Oklahoma by Janice…

Love Finds You In Daisy, Oklahoma

by Janice Hanna

191537,190 (5)None

Sometimes you feel like God is pulling at you, calling you to greater things than you ever felt possible. Seeing a vase of daisies it seemed like something had been missing from Rena Jewel's life, something more than just the emptiness she felt from the loss of her parents when she was 14. It was more than just her Aunt and Uncle who came immediately and offered her a home filled with love. Despite all her charitable work for the Mission Society, Rena felt God calling her. She knew she found her answer in a letter advertising for help running an orphanage in Daisy, Oklahoma from the local sheriff.

Could daisies be the sign that confirmed her next path in life? All Rena knew is that she had such a passion and fire for loving children that she immediately sent her reply to Sheriff Gene Wyatt, informing him that she would arrive in October and was looking forward to helping out in any way she could. If only the letter truly explained what awaited her in Daisy, Oklahoma.

Perhaps Gene should have been a little more truthful when sending his request for help running the orphanage, but when Mrs. Wabash, the former director ran out on him, he didn't have much choice. He would let Ms. Jewel decide for herself whether she would be able to handle running the orphanage for 17 children, most of them boys, if he could only convince her to stay for a day without running away herself.

I received the novel, Love Finds You in Daisy, Oklahoma by Janice Hanna compliments of Summerside Press for my honest review, and literally finished this one in a half a day because I could not put it down. It was funny, heartwarming, sad and filled with the promise of hope and the never ending power of what love can truly do.

This reminded me of the old Disney movies, like the Apple Dumpling Gang where you have a band of orphans that are so used to being left they have no choice but to push their boundaries on the town's residents who more than want the orphanage closed. I kinda saw the interactions with the children a bit like the movie Nanny McPhee only based in 1912, in a small western town. The characters are enjoyable and truly believable and Janice Hanna did an exceptional job at giving each of the 17 children beautiful and unique personalities. In the end, I don't think I could have left any of them because they won me over and I fell in love with all of them. I rate this one a perfect 5 out of 5 stars and again have found a forever home for this lovely novel on my permanent book shelf. ( )
  ReviewsFromTheHeart | Jul 5, 2012 |

1912. Two years after a tornado left many children homeless, the town of Daisy, Oklahoma, needs help with its orphanage. Enter Rena Jewel, 38 years old and still single, who longs to do something important with her life. A lover of flowers, Rena believes a letter from Daisy to be a sign from the Lord, and she promises to help.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,598,026 books! | Top bar: Always visible