Haven by A. R. Ivanovich

This is a story of Katelyn Kesteral, a 17 year old girl who has a gift of finding anything she wants - even a 700-year hidden exit from her country of Haven. What she finds in the Outside leads her to believe that maybe there's no place like home.

Good story, Katelyn's character is well-developed and is refreshingly free of vampires, zombies and redundant sex scenes. Hope there are other books - both set in the past and continuing the story - there were too many questions at the end. I'd recommend to anyone interested in Young Adult Fantasy. ( )
  mmoj | Mar 2, 2017 |
Teenager rebels against the rules, crawls through a magical hole to another world, encounters an ostracized soldier, falls in love and sets out to change the world...

At least that's the way things seemed to be moving. Unfortunately, this book just hasn't grabbed me so it's on the virtual shelf until.... ( )
  SunnySD | Nov 26, 2013 |
4.5 stars
This book is what I'd call a hidden jem! It doesn't seem to be very mainstream and I think it's a self-pub. But I really enjoyed it, and when I was done I found myself really wanting more of these characters, and more of this world! The world the author built was pretty unique and imaginative, which is really hard to find nowadays. It was almost like an Alice in Wonderland but completely different in content. I loved the depth and detail that the author goes into. The relationships (both platonic and romantic) between characters were sweet, and heart-wrenching. I will definitely be looking forward to the next books as I hear this will be a trilogy! Yay! ( )
  jacquiemak | Sep 22, 2013 |
I am usually skeptical of dystopian novels these days - there are sooo many of them, but this one really sucked me in. Like other reviewers said, it's not the best writing ever, but the story is well paced and interesting with just the right amount of romance. I will definitely be reading the sequel. Well worth 99 cents for the e-book. ( )
  RachelJohn | Jun 7, 2013 |
Usually I don't bother to review the books I read, however, I stumbled upon this one by chance and downloaded it to my Kindle on a whim. I struggled to give the book an appropriate rating. I thoroughly enjoyed the story. The world-building is excellent, however, the book as a whole is in desperate need of professional editing. I found the formatting, spelling, and grammatical errors a huge distraction. Additionally, the main character could use a great deal of development as well. That said, I would still love to see more from this author. ( )
  cleopatramwi | Jan 25, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,423,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible