Deadly Race by Margaret Daley
521,436,638 (4.25)None
Recently added byPam_B, judyg54, love2readnovels

This was a fast paced romantic adventure that captures your attention on the first pages and keeps you entertained until the end. Although I would not label this a "Christian Romance", which is what I mostly read, it is a "clean" romance story. It has alot of suspense and some danger in it, but I felt it was a fun story to read because the main character, Eliie, is such an easy person to love and enjoy reading about. She is a character who talks alot when she is nervous or scared and since she was scared alot, she tended to talk alot and it was really fun to watch how Slade handled it all.

Ellie is on Bella Isla as a governess to a very important man on Bella Isla. She overhears something she shouldn't about a revolution and finds herself fleeing her employer. She runs into an Amercian, Slade, at a cafe and uses her charms to get him to take her to his lodging and away from the men following her. When the revolution begins Slade thinks the bad guys are after him and since Ellie fears if she tells him the truth he will "ditch her", she lets him think the worst as he tries to get himself and Ellie out of the country. I loved Ellie's take on Slade throughout the story and the attraction they both have for each other. This is a good romantic adventure movie begging to be made. ( )
  judyg54 | Oct 29, 2012 |
Ellie Winters is a governess for a wealthy man on Bella Isla in the Caribbean. One night she overhears her boss talk of a revolution he's involved in and he locks her away. Realizing she's in danger, she escapes and flees to the village to see if she can find someone to help her. With two goons on her tale she slips into a place where she might find help. There she finds Slade Calvert. She's not sure if she can trust him but he's a fellow American and with any luck, her ticket out. The revolution begins sooner then expected and they run for their lives, together, on an unforgettable adventure.

I've got to tell you, this was an fast and extremely FUN read! It takes you on an adventure that reminded me a little of Indiana Jones. Ellie was such a refreshing character. So honest and just plain funny. She made me laugh a lot throughout the story. Slade was a great leading man. Strong and tough yet caring. He reminded me a little of MacGyver. From beginning to end the story held me captive with what would happen next. This is not billed as 'Christian Fiction' but it is a clean read. It's got lots of romantic tension and there are times when the characters ideas sway toward the forbidden but nothing that's unrealistic and certainly nothing beyond what I would call 'edgy'. It's just pure enjoyment! If you're looking for something to take you away, forget Calgon, pick-up Deadly Race. It's guaranteed to leave you breathless!
File Size: 277 KB
Print Length: 121 pages
Publisher: Margaret Daley (December 4, 2011)
ASIN: B006HXVDTG ( )
  love2readnovels | May 18, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,684,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible