Chameleon (The Ravensmoore Chronicles) by…

Chameleon (The Ravensmoore Chronicles)

by Jillian Kent

Loved this look into Historical England...this book takes place in 1818. We begin with an attack by very big bird...a Hawk...on Lord Stone. What is going on? We are at the beginning of a a big scary mystery.
Lady Victoria Grayson, has journeyed to London, now in good health, she wants to enjoy life. She has gone to the home of her physician brother, Lord Ravensmoore.
With all that is going on her path crosses with Lord Witt. Sparks begin to fly between the two, and the mystery deepens. Love how Victoria embraces her new healthy life, and how she lets God lead her.
Don't want to get away the ending, but it will surely surprise you and sadden you at the same time.

I received this book from First Wildcard Tours, and the Publisher Realms, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Jun 18, 2012 |
This is a MUST read book for anyone who happens across this title in their local book retailers who love a bit of Jane Austin and Sherlock Holmes blended perfectly together to keep you glued to the pages until the very end. In the second novel from the Ravensmoore Chronicles, Chameleon by Jillian Kent takes the readers on a mist-filled journey in the early 1800's in London.

Here we find ourselves introduced to the characters of Lady Victoria Grayson and her maid, Nora who are arriving by coach in the fog on their way to her brother, Lord Devlin Ravensmoore's home. After recovering from a long battle with illness, Lady Victoria is hoping for a bit of adventure as she returns to London and finds it with a bump in the road. When the carriage halts, they discover a body of Lord Stone who has been brutally attacked and left for dead on the road.

It is also where she meets Lord Witt, Joanathon Denning, who keeps her from seeing too much of the murder scene and who takes Lord Stone for medical treatment. When her brother, Lord Ravensmoore is called to attend to the injuries of Lord Stone as a practicing physician, she is left at home to wonder just what happened to this poor man.

When they search the body, Lord Witt discovers a prophetic note of warning:

"You have been found guilty of conspiring with sinful men for sinful purposes. I will now handle the situation as I see fit. Stone is only the first. Repent, you lords of parliament. ~ Lord Talon"

Now it seems that the injuries have been inflicted by some type of animal with large claws that attacked Lord Stones, face, neck and arms. Not sure if he will make it through the night, a meeting is called to warn the Lords of Parliament that a murder is on the loose. Plans must be made to possibly set a trap to catch this chameleon who walks among them and has such ready access to their whereabouts that he knows when and where each of them will be the most vulnerable and easy to reach.

I received Chameleon by Jillian Kent compliments of Christian Fiction Blog Alliance for my honest review. Not having read the first book in this series, this one can be read as a stand alone. I was immediately hooked from the beginning due in part to the historical background Jillian Kent uses to establish this suspenseful mystery and being a huge fan of Jane Austin, this one really hit home for me. Jillian provides just a taste of what's really going on to tease the reader but not enough you have the book figured out before you get through the book which is a sign of a great writer for me.

I love the dark, misty feel of the 1800's in London where times were tough and the answers to questions were not always the easiest to find. The character of Lady Victoria Grayson is well-written and it was nice to follow her investigative instincts even though that was considered man's work back in those days. I am completely hooked on this series and will now be going back to find and read the first novel. I can't wait to see how this one will conclude. For me, this novel rates an amazing 5 out of 5 stars for romance with a suspenseful mystery thrown in! ( )
  ReviewsFromTheHeart | May 16, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,453,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible