Marriage: The Second Blood Covenant by Betty…

Marriage: The Second Blood Covenant

by Betty Joe Jackson

113,689,591 (1)None
Recently added bydwgodby

No tags.

Disappointing May 13, 2012
By dwgodby
Format:Paperback
This author certainly posts many questions as to the vitality of marriage and why it is or isn't working in western society. However, I feel while there are many scriptures given, that it distracts from the true biblical meaning of marriage and thus left me disappointed in the writing and not a book that I would want to keep in my library.
I received a complimentary copy of (Book Title) as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team. Visit dorrancebookstore.com to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team. ( )
  dwgodby | May 13, 2012 |

Man has not failed the institution of marriage, marriage has failed man. In her insightful book, "Marriage: The Second Blood Covenant", Betty Joe Jackson explores the dynamics of this traditional relationship. Combining science, history, sociology, and religion, Jackson asserts that marriage as we know it is not the most natural or most successful situation for humans.

Jackson fears that people are selling their children a fairy tale version of wedded bliss that simply does not exist. In reality, Jackson feels, this is forcing people into a structure which may not be healthy.

By looking at the family and sexual relationships of other species in the natural world, humankind’s unique institution begins to seem questionable. Studying the biblical and traditional roles of men and women on which most people base their idea of marriage, Jackson breaks these down to reveal her solutions for living a happier life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:00 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,174,420 books! | Top bar: Always visible